2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with lowering springs and/or coils, what camber do you have set on the front and rear?

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that’s what I’m asking about since not everyone tends to have their camber set at 0 all around. It wouldn’t be possible with adjustable parts.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
F: -1.5 degrees
R: -2.5 degrees
Caster: 6.5 degrees
Toe: .08

Those are agressive settings though that I got from @arathol .

My alignment guy evened the camber a little and used the toe in so that my tires tread will wear evenly.

Shout out to John at Valley Pacific Frame & Suspension. :)
CK

·
Super Moderator
5,353 Posts
F: -1.5 degrees
R: -2.5 degrees
Caster: 6.5 degrees
Toe: .08
You got the F/R reversed. You should have more camber in the front.......

Front toe............0 .05° left and right
Front camber....-2.5° both sides
Caster.................6.5° both sides
Rear toe.............0.08° both sides
Rear camber.....-1.5° both sides

FYI, these numbers are not achievable unless you install parts to provide adjustment range outside of what is available from the factory.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thanks.. I was going off of my memory.. which obviously isn't very good.
CK

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My front camber is at -1.5. My rear camber is at -2.0.

Should I dial back my rear camber to -1.5 and increase my front camber?

·
Registered
223 Posts
What you want to achieve with so much negative camber? Front should be more negative than rear, that's a general rule, but I would not recommend more than -2.0F for a daily driven car.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s the resulting camber from the lowering springs.

·
Super Moderator
5,353 Posts
What you want to achieve with so much negative camber? Front should be more negative than rear, that's a general rule, but I would not recommend more than -2.0F for a daily driven car.
I think that depends on how you drive your daily driver. Just commuting or going to the grocery store, no you don't need that much. However, if you like to push it some, a couple extra degrees is not a bad thing, especially in the front.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Get some front camber bolts and add some neg camber up front.

You will need adjustable toe and camber arms for the rear. I have the Megan Racing kit, which I think is pretty good for our rides. I destroyed the helm joints that were in the JBR camber arms that I had on originally.. not really a DD product.
CK

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have camber bolts up front that I’ll adjust this weekend. As for the rear, I’ve been looking at either the Megan Racing or Godspeed. Leaning more toward Godspeed due to the color. All my auxiliary colors for mods have mainly been red.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Not a huge Godspeed fan, but their stuff does look cool.

Installation of the toe arms is easy. The camber arms require some doing though.. some Advil and a lot of beer helps.
CK

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought about the Godspeeds too, they do looks nice.
I'm only slightly lowered on RB springs, but I ordered some rear camber arms anyway... They refunded my purchase however when they realized they were out of stock. I'm just going to take that as fate telling me I don't need them yet lol

I'll try ordering them again if I ever go lower on Eibachs or H&R springs. I'll keep in mind the F & R camber settings when I do.

·
Super Moderator
5,353 Posts
I'd steer clear of Godspeed. They don't have a real good reputation for quality.
The MR parts seem pretty solid. I'd rather have parts that work than parts that look pretty. You can't really see them anyhow, what difference does it make what color they are?
FWIW, the MR parts are available all day every day on ebay...

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd steer clear of Godspeed. They don't have a real good reputation for quality.
The MR parts seem pretty solid. I'd rather have parts that work than parts that look pretty. You can't really see them anyhow, what difference does it make what color they are?
What about the TruHarts? They just don’t make a toe arm kit.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not a huge Godspeed fan, but their stuff does look cool.

Installation of the toe arms is easy. The camber arms require some doing though.. some Advil and a lot of beer helps.
CK
Yeah, I’ve heard about the difficulty of getting those camber arms on and off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yep the M
Yep, MR was what I ordered, from one of the many sellers in eBay. And the one I picked happened to be out of stock.. even though it showed that they weren't.
Took that as a sign I'm not supposed to get them yet lol

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
My first ebay supplier was out of stock too. I searched by part number and found an obscure listing on ebay that had a set available.

The same part # works on a few different models.
CK

1 - 20 of 26 Posts