2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, bit dusty in here, I'll get the hoover out while I wait for you chaps to check in, I know there's a few of you out there!

Come along and say hello ladies & gents! :)

Mr & Miss XplosiV
Glos'shire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, bit dusty in here, I'll get the hoover out while I wait for you chaps to check in, I know there's a few of you out there!

Come along and say hello ladies & gents! :)

Mr & Miss XplosiV
Glos'shire
I see what you mean ,lets hope someone is out there

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello any of you uk Guys can help me.
I would like one of you to buy a sunvisor for the Mazda 3. 2014 hatchback it is the one on the driver side. it is with the light by the miror.
and then send it to me in denmark I will pay you for it.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello any of you uk Guys can help me.
I would like one of you to buy a sunvisor for the Mazda 3. 2014 hatchback it is the one on the driver side. it is with the light by the miror.
and then send it to me in denmark I will pay you for it.
I could look into that for you. Do you have a link to the sun visor your looking at? PM me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, RHD 2014 3, 2.2 SportNav owner here though I'm living/working in Germany. I'm originally from Rutland (East Midlands) but the wife lives in S. Gloucestershire (Yate). I get back from time-to-time.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, RHD 2014 3, 2.2 SportNav owner here though I'm living/working in Germany. I'm originally from Rutland (East Midlands) but the wife lives in S. Gloucestershire (Yate). I get back from time-to-time.
Welcome along chap, Yate's not far from us. How are you liking the 2.2?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome along chap, Yate's not far from us. How are you liking the 2.2?
Where is Glos are you? I'm loving the 2.2. As mentioned I chose the Sport Nav but also opted for the safety pack and the light leather upholstery and accessories: scuff plates, boot liner, additional parcel shelf, cargo hooks & net, front mudflaps....

I installed a discrete dash cam and when I'm back at the end of the month I'll be installing the reversing camera.

How are you liking yours?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2.2 fastback sportsnav

Hi Eveyone,

Just got my motor,and love it! Its comfortable and love the crystal blue colour. have had it detaled so looks great.
Dont know about mpg yet but will keep an eye on it.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where is Glos are you? I'm loving the 2.2. As mentioned I chose the Sport Nav but also opted for the safety pack and the light leather upholstery and accessories: scuff plates, boot liner, additional parcel shelf, cargo hooks & net, front mudflaps....

I installed a discrete dash cam and when I'm back at the end of the month I'll be installing the reversing camera.

How are you liking yours?
We are loving ours, got many of the same accessories you did, but not as many.

Deep crystal blue, 2.2D SportNav, w/ hard boot shelf, rubber boot mat, front &rear mud guards, front & rear dash cam's, safety pack.

We are just outside the city centre, in the 'burbs :)

Hi Eveyone,

Just got my motor,and love it! Its comfortable and love the crystal blue colour. have had it detaled so looks great.
Dont know about mpg yet but will keep an eye on it.
Welcome along chap, where abouts are ya?

The only issue we have had so far, really is with the MPG, it'll drop, but apparently that's the DPF burning off the collected particulates. The average MPG is 55-60 a tank so far since April.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm only getting 49-50mpg at the moment, since the end of May. I'm due a long run back to the UK this Friday so will see what I can get this time. Fortunately I get tax free fuel here so diesel is only £0.55 a litre.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm only getting 49-50mpg at the moment, since the end of May. I'm due a long run back to the UK this Friday so will see what I can get this time. Fortunately I get tax free fuel here so diesel is only £0.55 a litre.
Yeah, driving style will play heavily on the MPG, ours is usually great until the DPF burn, then it roughly halves for 5-10 min, then it'll go back up. I bet your loving the tax free Diesel :) The better halves dad has a couple of farms, so he has two diesel tanks, one for the farm and one for his 4x4's,so we can usually get the odd tankful for free when we take a trip up there.

Back when we had the ole Corsa 1.2, we were filling up pretty much weekly, sometimes twice a week if we had to travel, @£50-£55 a tank. Now we fill with Diesel roughly every 3 weeks or so.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I drive quite responsibly, no high revs, so I'm a little disappointed it's taking awhile to get a good MPG etc. I'll take it up to 80-90+mph on the Autobahn but it's not often I go on there (I've had it up to 144 mph!).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all! Greetings from Southampton. Soon to be united with my new 2.2d Sport Nav. Well, within the next couple of weeks, I hope!
:banana 1:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ride :) What colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ride :) What colour have you gone for?
Thanks KM. Went for Soul Red. Red isn't usually my first call but, annoyingly, it's the only sporty colour in the pile (other than white, I guess). I've got black gloss splitter, skirts and rear spoiler to accent it. Plus I'm getting the 18" alloys coloured gun metal, which should look cool. It'll basically be the Mazda 3 version of the MX-5 25th Anniversary Edition.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have soul red too, it's a beautiful colour although scratches really easy (buffer has been out a few times!!). I've got the safety pack and light leather seats. I've fitted a dash cam and today fitted a reversing cam since the majority of wiring is already in place (just need a camera and wiring up to the top of the tailgate and it's done).

The amount of brake dust you get normal silver alloys look like gun metal after awhile ;)

Reactions: Guru Cube

·
Registered
15 Posts
That was part of the logic with the gun metal... it will be harder for people to notice I haven't washed her for a while! I've gone for the black leather seats in mine. So it's a full black/red theme going on.

I've taken a look at the reversing cam thread. I'd be tempted to do it with an OEM solution. I'll keep a look at it from time to time. It'll be tempting to see if Pav99 finds a way to use the OEM one. I am also keen to keep an eye on whether getting a DVD drive to work or USB movies to play, will be an option. The Japanese systems do it, so it must only be some form of software tweak. Roll on the Infotainment Project! It'll also be nice to see them support Waze for navigation - I'm not keen on subscribing to a service when I can get a more reliable one, free!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was intending to get the OEM reversing camera but I couldn't justify it when you can pick up a camera off ebay for £10-£20 and do it yourself; it's not that difficult. I'd be interested to see whether you still have to drill a hole to fit the camera or whether it comes with the black replacement trim with hole already built in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, the little fella arrived at the dealer's yesterday. It'll spend this week getting the first batch of bits fitted for collection on Saturday. Then at some point in November, the front and side skirts, along with the rear spoiler, should arrive.

I'm still a bit gutted about the tow bar vs. rear aero kit conflict. Seems like a design oversight from mazda. Shame. Anywho, as soon as I get it, I'll do some measurements and see if I can think of a solution. I may just have to get the standard bumper black bits painted in gloss.

I am also waiting for the dealer to get back to me with some data on the OEM lowering spring set. The Mazda Accessories site contains diddly squat in terms of information about them. I'm not going to commit without a comparison of spring rates and lowering distance. especially when there are other options about (Eibach, H&R)... I reckon they may be made by one of those comapnies anyway but I at least want to find out before handing over some hard earned cash! Have you looked into that, at all?

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello all! Greetings from Southampton. Soon to be united with my new 2.2d Sport Nav. Well, within the next couple of weeks, I hope!
:banana 1:
Welcome along chap, nice to have ya!

Southampton huh, small world, I grew up there!

I have soul red too, it's a beautiful colour although scratches really easy (buffer has been out a few times!!). I've got the safety pack and light leather seats. I've fitted a dash cam and today fitted a reversing cam since the majority of wiring is already in place (just need a camera and wiring up to the top of the tailgate and it's done).

The amount of brake dust you get normal silver alloys look like gun metal after awhile ;)
Dude, do you have more info on the OEM reversing camera? We were told byvthe dealer the EU models didn't have one available...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts