2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

There is a service bulletin out on the Skyactiv-D engines.

This is a ECU update from Mazda wich will fix load of small errors and some other issues. Dunno quite exactly what, but my car has definately been acting much better after i did it.

This is not a official update from Mazda, so when the car is in for service, this will be done without notifing the customer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How did you find out about it? Do you have a service bulletin #?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope...dont have the document, but the workshop boss told me all about it :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting.....my service dept are quite helpful...ill see if I can find anything out.

Ken

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had my first service done on March 31st, They also performed this recall, the number is AE031A. They told me it was about idle speeds during warm up at certain temperatures.

To be honest I have not really noticed any difference, I think the car seems to be a bit more economical but I think this is due to the fact that spring has arrived here and the weather is much warmer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Found this on the AA UK website, they do not reference the number I was given, but I think this is what it is all about.

Defect: Engine may not restart when customer expects after i-stop operation. Although check engine light on dashboard will illuminate.

Action: Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected and re-programme the engine Power Control Module (PCM) with a modified calibration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts