·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but still would like ideas from other people if they have some great Caliper Covers

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can see em flying off at highspeeds

In the same league as hood risers

·
Registered
292 Posts
Meh, paint your real calipers. Not sure what the clearance between the caliper and wheel spokes is... but this would decrease it. If you're looking into a wheel that might be close to the caliper, these definitely wouldn't help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im thinking of just going with the paint as well. Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll probably get around to doing it after winter

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am getting fed up retouching paint chips on my calipers which I painted red. Seems every time I wash the car I have touch ups on all four calipers. So I am thinking about the MPG caliper covers. I would be interested in comments from members who have them installed.

Pat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
captdave

Hi there, I had MGP red caliper covers put on my 2010 silver speed3 2 months ago and I think they look sharp and I get alot of favorable compliments about them. They claim 60% less brake dust and I agree. The finish is very smooth and hard, dust does'nt seem to adhere to it. Glad I did it!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, I had MGP red caliper covers put on my 2010 silver speed3 2 months ago and I think they look sharp and I get alot of favorable compliments about them. They claim 60% less brake dust and I agree. The finish is very smooth and hard, dust does'nt seem to adhere to it. Glad I did it!!
where did you get them? and about how much were they?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a set of red ones on my Mazdaspeed3, they look great. Make sure you ask for a set of wheel spacers, I had an issue with the front Caliper Covers rubbing on the rims.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
:sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1:

:sad 1:That's just not right! Makes the car look like toy............or a Honda.:sad 1:

:sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1::sad 1:

Reactions: DVG and Bryce

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Yay for Ebay. The go-to place for all the good stuff. :vtec228 1:

·
Registered
471 Posts

:sad 1:That's just not right! Makes the car look like toy............or a Honda.:sad 1:

i disagree. and to each their own. i think they look nice, but i would not shell out $180 for them. but worth it if you like them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thanks to all who replied to my question, however the decision not to get the caliper covers was made for me. When I enquired about ordering them, the cost was $180, then I learned no free shipping to Canada so shipping was going to be $25 WTF. Then they wouldn't ship USPS, they use UPS so that means brokerage fees, customs duty and taxes. That would have pushed the cost north of $250.

No thanks, they are not worth that cost, truth be told they are overpriced at $180 for basically 4 bits of steel pressed to shape and powder coated, but since they seem to be the only company making this type of cover I guess they have the market cornered. I guess I will keep touching up the chips as they appear.

Pat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
holy crap, $180 is a rip-off.
you can get your calipers professionaly painted for less than that, and then you wont have to worry about the paint flaking off. Ive had mine painted for almost a year and wash / scrub them whenever the cars getting cleaned. havent had ANY problems. Use a good clear coat over the paint and it shouldnt flake for at least a few seasons.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts