2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint my calipers but I need some input. Not sure what colour.

I was thinking either yellow or black. I also think white would look good but would be an absolute nightmare to keep clean.
What do you guys think?

Here is my car:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the paint it self you gotta go with "G2 Caliper paint" This is the best paint for calipers, I've used it 3 times now each time gave me amazing results .

Originally painted red with G2 [/IMG]
Last year decided to go black [/IMG]
Great suggestions, Thanks! I'm really liking that red it really pops. Did you take them off or just mask off when painting slick?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great suggestions, Thanks! I'm really liking that red it really pops. Did you take them off or just mask off when painting slick?

I had the car up on a hoist to paint so no real need to mask off, but what is really important is to sand/scuff up the calipers prior too, there is some kind of coating from factory on the calipers probably a zinc coating ? The paint doesn't adhere well to this so sanding/scuffing then primer is a must to achieve durable long lasting results.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I went with yellow G2 caliper paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well forget painting. Looks like I'll be getting the corksport big break kit instead! Just released.....

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I really like the bold colors many have chosen for their calipers. However, going more understated with G2 custom Soul Red 41 V paint for my calipers on our Soul Red car. Theme will be red-n-black and with all Appearance Pkg parts being black. Thanks to @Skagerstrom for his car being the "model" for mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts