·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't think so cuse what happend showed me that the mazda is a car with week body and the car chasy can't handel a 80khm crash it's twested now

·
Registered
703 Posts
Good to hear you're ok. Geez, what's up with the Mazda accidents recently. I almost had one too. Everyone better be careful out there, especially this long holiday weekend!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thaks man the seat bel really saved me thank god
i'll take the insurance and i'll get a GMC sierra :yes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
glad to hear you are okay. I am pretty sure cars are designed to crumple... the crumpling helps absorb the shock of the crash otherwise you would feel the full force of the impact if the car did not crumple at all. a lot of times when people die it's from the sudden change in speed causing your internals to literally rip, not blunt trauma

I believe Mazda 3s have high crash test ratings.

·
Registered
40 Posts
glad to hear you are okay. I am pretty sure cars are designed to crumple... the crumpling helps absorb the shock of the crash otherwise you would feel the full force of the impact if the car did not crumple at all. a lot of times when people die it's from the sudden change in speed causing your internals to literally rip, not blunt trauma

I believe Mazda 3s have high crash test ratings.
+1 The car takes the impact so that your body doesn't have to. If the car doesn't crumple, and slow down while it is collapsing.... then your body takes all that force. Its important to note how the passenger cabin stays entirely intact.

Its amazing how safe our cars are, and like others have said, this is how cars are and should be designed. See below for the GMC crash. It crumples in the same way.

The illusion of being "safer" in a bigger car can be just that... an illusion unless the manufacturer properly designs it.

The most important thing is that you are OK. Cars can be replaced. You cant. I hope you have a full and quick recovery and everything works out!

·
General
170 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that. I was just rear ended at a stop light yesterday...slow mph crash, some paint missing...sigh people are just that attracted our cars :).

·
Registered
226 Posts
i don't think so cuse what happend showed me that the mazda is a car with week body and the car chasy can't handel a 80khm crash it's twested now
Like everyone said, it has a weak body for a reason. Cars werent designed to handle "crashes" but were designed to take the full force of one. Mazda 3 is the one of the highest ranking safety cars out there

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Glad your alright bro. Here's the official crash ratings for the 2010/2011 Mazda 3. The Mazda 3 falls down in two areas. Roll over and rear side impact. The roll over issue was addressed in the December 2010 mid year refresh by adding reenforcement to the roof. It still doesn't get a five star rating for roll overs though. That's probably why the 3 sacrificed it's blue led floor lights, trans cooler and side mirror blinkers. The car got more expensive to produce so something frivolous had to be deleted. Have you noticed that there are relatively few complaints about the windshield and dashboard creaking. Probably because the roof is stronger now and the car flexes less. Testing criteria got tougher in 2011 so the Mazda 3 fares even worse in side rear impact testing.

2010 MZ3 http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Sho...0-2010+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=5469

2011 MZ3 http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Sho...1-Newer+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=336

·
Registered
633 Posts
So you are going to give up on Mazda because it did what it was designed to do. If it was a bad as you seem to think it is you probably would be hurt real bad or worse.

I would be the opposite, if a car protected me as well as your's did I would have no hesitation in buying another.

Pat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
huh sorry guys for saying bad things about the car forgive me:mellow 1:
it's like i cursed everyone of you guys anyways i'm glad i'm ok and glad that the car did it job:walkman:
i want to change cuse in Bahrain we have only the 1.6L model and i don't think that anyone of you guys would like a 1.6L!!!! engien in his car am I right :yes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad you're okay!!, Good luck with the new purchase, I don't think I would get one in a 1.6 litre either ( I find my 2.5 kind of guttless!!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys
bluzoom your saying that the 2.5l is guttlees tray the 1.6 it's like a turtel
dunston no mre wrapping for me :001_unsure:

·
Registered
114 Posts
so warload the link that you posted, my understanding is 2010 model is more stronger than the 2011 model? or the company give ratings to the car have higher standard to meet the 5 star?

·
Registered
114 Posts
im sorry to hear about your car. all it matters is your ok. car is replacable, life is not.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
so warload the link that you posted, my understanding is 2010 model is more stronger than the 2011 model? or the company give ratings to the car have higher standard to meet the 5 star?
The testing standards were raised in 2011 so the 2011 MZ3 appears to fair worse than the 2010 MZ3. Cars are the same, it's just the testing is apples to oranges. Don't roll your car and don't ride in the back seat and you'll be good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts