2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally touched the side of the brake pedal with the side of my right foot and felt the brake pedal buzzing while the engine rpm was between 2100 - 2300 rpm. I don't know the source of the vibration it's transmitting, but I was annoyed at how the pedal was buzzing. It's like getting a foot massage :confused1: At any other rpm, the pedal is relatively quiet.

Do you feel the same buzzing from the brake pedal on your car?

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Is the pedal smooth when you get on the brakes? I'm guessing it's just engine vibrations transmitting through the pedal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm guessing it's just engine vibrations transmitting through the pedal.
Is that normal in these cars? I'll be at a traffic light and I'll feel a very faint vibration in the brake pedal even though the car is at 750 rpm or so. Am I being paranoid or am I just used to less vibration from my brother's Toyota and my previous Saturn? Or is this just part of how the SkyActiv motor breaks in?

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Is that normal in these cars? I'll be at a traffic light and I'll feel a very faint vibration in the brake pedal even though the car is at 750 rpm or so. Am I being paranoid or am I just used to less vibration from my brother's Toyota and my previous Saturn? Or is this just part of how the SkyActiv motor breaks in?
I'll check and see if my speed does it on my way home later tonight.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vibration is most pronounced in 5th gear - my problem gear. All other gears are fine. There is no vibration felt. So.... I have a stick that vibrates around 2000 rpm in 5th gear if I put my hand on it even slightly, and brake pedal that buzzes too at nearly the same rpm range in 5th gear. I didn't really notice it, because I drive with very thick shoes. Only by chance, touching the brake pedal with the side of feet (from big toe to the joint ) did I feel the buzzing. Definitely will have service dept look at it at the dealer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know that I'd call it buzzing, but yes I feel some vibration through my brake pedal while moving if I push my foot to the side of the pedal. I've had to use my breaks quite abruptly every so often thanks to the jackasses in this town and they work great, so I don't think the vibration is anything out of the ordinary but keep us posted on what your dealer says.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You do realize this is a $20k Mazda not a Bentley. You're not gonna be completely isolated from normal vibrations

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My first Mazda... but drove few Hondas, Kia/Hyundais, GMs, Fords and Benz. Never drove a Bently, so I wouldn't know, :biggrin: but none of the sub $20K cars gave me buzzing foot massage. Anyway, I'll update this thread in couple months, as my first service appointment with the service dept is in Oct 2013.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I feel as though as long as it doesn't effect your braking ability and isn't too noticeable when actually braking (as opposed to to touching the side of it with your foot), it shouldn't be a big deal, although I have NOT noticed any brake pedal vibration in my mazda.

Maybe it's just a feature mazda put in to stop you from resting your foot on the brake pedal (and setting off your brake lights/pissing off the people behind you) when you aren't actually braking? :wink 1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I accidentally touched the side of the brake pedal with the side of my right foot and felt the brake pedal buzzing while the engine rpm was between 2100 - 2300 rpm. I don't know the source of the vibration it's transmitting, but I was annoyed at how the pedal was buzzing. It's like getting a foot massage :confused1: At any other rpm, the pedal is relatively quiet.

hello,

my mazda 2012 has the same issue.when the car in idel

i have the same exact issue...it just vibrate in side of the break pedal. did you fix the issue or it common fr all 2012 model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts