2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got the fiancée to cave. We were going out to dinner and she made a comment about my car and was like, "when do I get to drive a nice car?" She drives a 2014 Base Nissan Rogue. Not a bad car, but no frills.

So I offered to pay half of her down payment if she bought a top of the line CX-5 and the price was right. After a couple weeks of research, we're picking up a brand new 2016 Jet Black CX-5 GT, fully loaded later today. So excited! The price was right and I've always loved how the CX-5 looks. I know the new model comes out later this year, but we're not going to get near the deal we're getting on this 2016. Very excited!!

We're officially a Mazda family! haha. Pics to come!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
So I finally got the fiancée to cave. We were going out to dinner and she made a comment about my car and was like, "when do I get to drive a nice car?" She drives a 2014 Base Nissan Rogue. Not a bad car, but no frills.

So I offered to pay half of her down payment if she bought a top of the line CX-5 and the price was right. After a couple weeks of research, we're picking up a brand new 2016 Jet Black CX-5 GT, fully loaded later today. So excited! The price was right and I've always loved how the CX-5 looks. I know the new model comes out later this year, but we're not going to get near the deal we're getting on this 2016. Very excited!!

We're officially a Mazda family! haha. Pics to come!!
That is awesome, and that is exactly how it worked with my wife, except I didn't pay for any part of her down payment.
"Ours" is a Jet Black 2106.5 GT no changes form 2016 to 2016.5 they just changed the way they market the options.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Congratulations to you and your fiancee'. One happy Mazda family.

Question, though, if both of an engaged couple have Mazda's, does that later produce "baby Mazda's?"

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations to you and your fiancee'. One happy Mazda family.

Question, though, if both of an engaged couple have Mazda's, does that later produce "baby Mazda's?"
LMAO. Very nice @Road Trip, very nice. With any luck we'll have a tiny little MX-5 down the road...haha, not really. But with any luck we'll be owning Mazdas for a long time to come

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Here's the pics. Sorry for the delay

Black on Black, Tech package and I-activesense -- fully loaded. I love it. They definitely updated the leather for the steering wheel -- very jealous. And yes, the dealer sticker has promptly been removed on the lift gate

I've already got a sizeable list of accessories and other goodies -- her birthday is in April, so I figure I can shower her with gifts for her car haha. Those front windows gotta get tinted...

Edited for content
You have a pm

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks great when clean! I couldn't live with black as the Deep Crystal Blue Mica I have is already to dark and shows everything! I also couldn't like in Taxachusetts though I did live in Sherwsbury back in the late '70s early '80s!

Attachments

Reactions: Chazzy J

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks awesome! Congratulations to you both :) Are you going to go mod crazy on this one as well @Chazzy J?
lol. no no. Funds are reserved for my 3 only. I'm just getting her all the accessories from Mazda that she wants. She has to drive this one in and out of Boston, and while she tries to escape door dings etc, it's inevitable in the parking garage. Though she did tell me that she parked on the top level all weekend, so maybe she'll make a better effort to escape the door dings and scratches. Most expensive car she's ever owned, so we'll see.

Koni FSDs are coming tomorrow, so I might have my 3 dropped before the end of the month. From there, I really only need to Brembo brakes and I think I'm done for the most part. I'll always tinker with my 3, but I will have pretty much completed the project inside of two years when the Brembos go on.

Reactions: Davidval18

·
Registered
896 Posts
lol. no no. Funds are reserved for my 3 only. I'm just getting her all the accessories from Mazda that she wants. She has to drive this one in and out of Boston, and while she tries to escape door dings etc, it's inevitable in the parking garage. Though she did tell me that she parked on the top level all weekend, so maybe she'll make a better effort to escape the door dings and scratches. Most expensive car she's ever owned, so we'll see.

Koni FSDs are coming tomorrow, so I might have my 3 dropped before the end of the month. From there, I really only need to Brembo brakes and I think I'm done for the most part. I'll always tinker with my 3, but I will have pretty much completed the project inside of two years when the Brembos go on.
Maybe get her those awful door protector strips. the only thing I have done to my wife Cx-5 is tint. until it becomes mine I wont put any money into it. I do like that it takes the same oil and filter, makes keeping them in stock so much easier.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe get her those awful door protector strips. the only thing I have done to my wife Cx-5 is tint. until it becomes mine I wont put any money into it. I do like that it takes the same oil and filter, makes keeping them in stock so much easier.
lol. I'd rather take my chances than put those strip thingies on.

It's the new "family" car. So I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm doing the accessories for a little bit of self satisfaction -- haha.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Returning to your thread, glad your fiancée is treating her new ride with extra love and care.

Edited for content

1 - 12 of 12 Posts