2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have my mind set on a 2014 Mazda 3 s Grant Touring. It retails for $27290 MSRP (no tech package) which is good because the extra $2k is not worth it to me.
The car is in great supply at every dealership and I have an employee discount + college incentive they are offering so I can get the car for $24,000 not including tax and fees. My employee discount is based on truecar value.
I'm wondering what color combination do you guys think is better, Titanium Flash Mica/Black interior or Soul Red/Almond interior?

However, there is a used car, exact same car but WITH the tech package and only 10k miles. The CarFax said it was a corporate lease from Sept '13 to May '14, no accidents and serviced at 6k and 10k miles. It's being offered at $25,000 at the moment and I think its a steal if I can get it down to around $23,000.

I am financing the car and will have 10k to put down by the time I purchase the vehicle
I was wondering if anyone had any experience on how to negotiate with the dealer for the used car? Do I bring up the fact I have a certificate that will promise me a $24k for the new car? How do I begin?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'd look into truecar dot com. I used the site before I bought my 14 Mazda 3 and got what I wanted. I'm not sure if there's a used car section on the site, but if not try KBB or Edmunds websites.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd look into truecar dot com. I used the site before I bought my 14 Mazda 3 and got what I wanted. I'm not sure if there's a used car section on the site, but if not try KBB or Edmunds websites.
The guaranteed offer from my employee discount is based on the Truecar value

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't do it. Not at that price anyway.

#1. That is an early build car.

#2. sGT already comes loaded even without tech package

#3. You said the package isn't worth $2k to you anyway.

#4. 10k miles is a lot and 1 full year is a huge deduction against already skimpy 3/36k bumper to bumper warranty.

$23k? no, but it might be worth considering at $22k.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would go with the new one without the tech package. When I built mine online and saw the price of the tech package I knew I didn't want that. And I don't regret not having the tech package. To me, those options should have been included as standard options in the sGT in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts