2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my stock mass air flow sensor screws has bonded so tightly to the standoff that corksport gave that i cannot get it out. The standoff came out of the intake. I want to go back stock, but i cannot get this standoff off of my maf. Another Corksport geinus engineering. The standoffs should have been reverse threaded such that they do not unscrew with the maf screws...

Does anyone know of a place i could get a replacement screw? Ill just cut the screw off of the stand off if i can get a replacement.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Sorry don't have an idea about the screw. Why do you want to go back to stock?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car threw another cel last night and im getting tired of bothering with this thing. Seems to be causing more problems than the non noticeable gains are worth. Its a new car, i bought a new one such that i shouldnt have to fuss with problems for a while. I put on a lot of miles and need a car that is reliable and i dont have to fuss with.

Reactions: warlord

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I hear ya. The MAF body was never designed right. If it was it wouldn't have thrown a cel in the first place. The diffuser they install is a band aid. CS should go back to the drawing board. Sorry CS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dropped one when installing mine, and was able to replace it with a common metric bolt from the hardware store. The size is 'M4'.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dropped one when installing mine, and was able to replace it with a common metric bolt from the hardware store. The size is 'M4'.
Thanks ill look for that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts