2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan on doing some stuff to my car so I figured id make a build thread...just got my 2011 velocity red 3 hatch about a month ago...so far ive added some DDM 8000k HIDs, yellow vinyl on my fogs as well as yellow 3000k bulbs and today I just tinted my windows. 20% in the back and 25% up front. ill have some pictures tomorrow.

MODS
- tints 20% in the back and 25% up front
- roof vinyl wrapped gloss black
- DDM 8000k hids
- NOKYA 3000k fogs with yellow vinyl overlay
- plasti dipped emblems
- plasti dipped rear valence
- front lip
- Tenzo-R Tracers 18x7.5 +42 offset with 225/40R18 Cooper Zeon RS3A tires
- window visors
- interior LED lights
- red interior vinyl (changing to a different red to match the car better)
- 15mm spacers in back
- red lugs
- fog light bezels plasti dipped black
- Road Magnet 1.25 springs
- LED reverse lights

WAITING TO BE DONE/INSTALLED
- Hella Supertone Horn kit

FUTURE MODS
- racing beat exhaust
- JBR rear sway bar
- red and black corksport SRI
- bake and paint headlights (maybe)
- RA mud flaps (black w/ red logo)

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
You have a good list planned out here!

I would recommend saving up for coilovers, I personally still can't believe I was not patient enough to save up for them haha. I do however have the Sportlines and I love the drop it gave me! It has been recommended that if you go lower than a pro kit to upgrade your shocks and struts though. Koni Yellows are a popular choice and are great.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thanks man....im pretty patient but I don't think I can wait to drop it...I want it done now lol
but that's probably the next thing I wanna do after plasti dipping the rear bumper...and thanks a lot for the advice man I wasn't aware of that...btw my name is matt too

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
before tint

after tint

plasti dipped emblems

yellow fogs (vinyl and bulbs)

and I just plasti dipped my rear bumper...I like how it came out although I messed up on taking the tape off some of it...but its not really noticeable

before

during

after

wrapped my roof gloss black

got my front lip

got my rims

put my rims and new tires on

interior trim pieces vinyl wrapped

interior LEDs

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine came free ;)
haha yeah man I don't know why the hatches don't come with it already done
my gf has a 2010 mz3 sedan and hers has it done already too...I think it makes it look a lot nicer

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
I would recommend saving up for coilovers, I personally still can't believe I was not patient enough to save up for them haha. I do however have the Sportlines and I love the drop it gave me! It has been recommended that if you go lower than a pro kit to upgrade your shocks and struts though. Koni Yellows are a popular choice and are great.
I agreed with Matt. Save for coils you may think right now you only want a slight drop from springs but you will eventually want the extra adjustment that the coils will give you. I myself was like matt and wasn't patient and now I wish I had coils. Hopefully I can get my springs off my car soon though.

Other then that nice build so far, really nice job on the rear bumper came out clean.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agreed with Matt. Save for coils you may think right now you only want a slight drop from springs but you will eventually want the extra adjustment that the coils will give you. I myself was like matt and wasn't patient and now I wish I had coils. Hopefully I can get my springs off my car soon though.

Other then that nice build so far, really nice job on the rear bumper came out clean.
thanks man! and yeah I think im just gonna save up for some coils...havnt done much research on them but from what everyone is saying its worth it just to wait...only thing is, is that its gonna take probably like 4 months just to save up for them but my bday is coming in sept so ill see if I can get a little extra money from that...or I might just wait on my income tax check and spend the money I would save for coils on more things for the car lol

oh and if anyone knows...is it recommended to buy new shocks and struts for when you get coils just like when you get springs dropped past a certain point? still learning...thanks in advance

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
oh and if anyone knows...is it recommended to buy new shocks and struts for when you get coils just like when you get springs dropped past a certain point? still learning...thanks in advance
Coils will replace your struts so you wont have to get anything extra just maybe rear camber arms if you plan to drop low with the coils. Coils are also easier to install then if you were to instal just springs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks good!! and yes it is very hard than it looks... xD
Haha thanks man...first thing I did after I put it on was rub too hard with the squeegee and I tore a hole in the side so I had to take the whole thing off and move it to the side so I didn't have a patch of red showing lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
so I know I said I was gonna save up for coils but that's just gonna take wayyyyyy to long for me...so I just ordered a pair of RM 1.25 springs, I also ordered a front lip and some wheel spacers...cant wait!!! plus I don't think I really wanna go that low anyways, I don't wanna have to worry about scraping everywhere I go

1 - 20 of 141 Posts