2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just call me Rabbit
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its common knowledge that our 2.5's have electronic throttle bodys. Just came across this http://www.ultrarev.com/bc04-etb-c108.html

Thoughts? Could this be key in a turbo setup like OrangeVirus and protect/work with the MAF?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That thing is just to get rid of the latency in a DBW system. Other companies make them too, the most popular being SprintBooster. There is also a Weapon-R E-Throttle that was marketed to all mazdas as well, and it doesn't work on a 2010+ Mazda 3. I tried one.

Then I corresponded with SprintBooster, and they confirmed that the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen have different requirements. So save you money.

Basically all theses do, is amplify the signal from the pedal to the electronic throttle. Makes you throttle up slightly faster. I plan to get one when sprintbooster releases theirs.

·
Just call me Rabbit
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it would allow full control of the throttle

·
Registered
437 Posts
Any info on when they will be released for the 2.5? At this moment, there is no option avalianle for 2.5, correct?

·
General
170 Posts
Any info on when they will be released for the 2.5? At this moment, there is no option avalianle for 2.5, correct?
No, it's been almost two years...

·
Registered
172 Posts
If all it does is amplify the throttle signal, then why not just push harder on the pedal?

·
Dustin L.
524 Posts
Pushing harder on the pedal is not the same thing. What they're saying is this part takes the lag time between when u push the pedal and the throttle actually responds away. Or shortens it. Either way it sounds awesome and I want one.

·
General
170 Posts
Since 2000, MAZDA has replaced responsive cable throttle systems with the cheaper electronic versions. Unfortunately, they've robbed your 3 of its performance.

Sprint Booster not only corrects this problem, it actually improves your throttle response. It unlocks your 3's potential, creating a smoother, more powerful ride.

What happens in your 3 when you hit the gas?

Usually, you get a full second of delay before you start moving. Sprint Booster eliminates this... you get a quicker acceleration from a stop.

After you install Sprint Booster, you feel a huge difference the first time you hit the gas.

Sprint Booster gives you:

Quicker acceleration
Faster passing
Responsive uphill driving
Quicker gear changes
Easier rev matching

·
Registered
504 Posts
just so you are aware; with the ecu remap/reflash we offer, you get the throttle maping set to a 1:1 ratio like the old cable systems. Think of it as an added extra!lol

·
General
170 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts