2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully paired a Google Nexus One to their 3? Do all the features (including BT Audio) work with this phone? I've not seen it listed on the Mazda website (www.MazdaUSA.com/bluetooth).

As a side note, looks like Verizon Wireless will be getting the Nexus One on March 23. I'm trying to decide if I should jump or wait for the HTC Incredible.... Basically both are the same phone, except the Incredible has an optical mouse, HTC's Sense UI interface and possibly a larger screen (4" vs 3.7"...but i doubt it. I'm betting on the same screen size).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Audio should work so long as it has A2DP streaming. Using Mazda interface depends on the version of AVRCP implemented. This features vary from carrier to carrier but A2DP with a basic set of play/pause/stop AVRCP are present on even the simplest Andriod device.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
Audio should work so long as it has A2DP streaming. Using Mazda interface depends on the version of AVRCP implemented. This features vary from carrier to carrier but A2DP with a basic set of play/pause/stop AVRCP are present on even the simplest Andriod device.
so does that mean the mytouch is even lower than simple? cause it doesn't even stream to mazda's stereo, even when rooted with a custom rom.

·
Registered
65 Posts
so does that mean the mytouch is even lower than simple? cause it doesn't even stream to mazda's stereo, even when rooted with a custom rom.
I understand that Android features are customizable by the carriers.

The same way Best Buy, Home Depot and Sears don't compete on appliance pricing by carrying the same appliances but with unique model numbers, the cell phone carriers don't compete by carrying the same phones with different names and features implemented.

Supposedly, if the phone is capable of Android 1.5+, stereo bluetooth streaming is a feature of that platform. Android 1.5 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
yeah, well, the mytouch doesn't even do that and a custom rom would remove any "customized carrier features."

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah, well, the mytouch doesn't even do that and a custom rom would remove any "customized carrier features."
I sort of assumed that the Android "experience" was on par with the iPhone experience with regular software upgrades and feature implementations, etc. I didn't realize that most of the early (and some current) Android phones are actually Windows Mobile phones with Android OS in it's place but without enough memory to upgrade. The more you know, right?

Anyway, the Nexus One (N1) has A2DP and AVRCP and should easily pair but, as I am reading on some developer and user forums, the N1 is picky about what it will connect to. Supposedly there is a problem with the Bluetooth stack that no one will acknowledge but everyone has to suffer through.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, not by far. There several phones using different OS platforms (ranging from ver 1.5 up to 2.1). Its funny, the HTC Eris is 100% compatible but the Motorola Droid isn't (can't share Contacts nor A2DP).

·
Registered
7 Posts
After the update to Android 2.0.1 I have been able to use the A2DP streaming with my stereo. Works pretty well now (though you're right it didn't work at all with Android 2.0).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a note, but my Palm Pre Plus is working fine as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Android phones don't support Bluetooth Music Streaming yet. Wait for the next update if anything comes out.

/Thread

·
Registered
7 Posts
cyArmy: You've got a Moto Droid?
Sorry, forgot to put that in the post. Yeah Android 2.0.1 on the Moto Droid. 2010 5-Door Hatch with Bose & Tech. Have been A2DP streaming things like Slacker since Verizon pushed the update last December.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Nexus One and it works great for phone and music streaming. I wish you could skip tracks using the radio controls too. Maybe in a future phone update.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a Nexus One and it works great for phone and music streaming. I wish you could skip tracks using the radio controls too. Maybe in a future phone update.
Music Streaming? What Version do you have 2.1? What Carrier did you buy it for?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry, forgot to put that in the post. Yeah Android 2.0.1 on the Moto Droid. 2010 5-Door Hatch with Bose & Tech. Have been A2DP streaming things like Slacker since Verizon pushed the update last December.
:eek:hsnap 1: Verizon is pushing Music Streaming updates hell yeah!:clap::clap:

·
Registered
750 Posts
the nexus one comes with 2.1 and unlocked, so carrier has nothing to do with it...
It's a GSM phone correct? That limits the choices to T-Mobil and AT&T and maybe Sprint. Different carriers may push patches at different times and could, in theory, have their own software baselines.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
It's a GSM phone correct? That limits the choices to T-Mobil and AT&T and maybe Sprint. Different carriers may push patches at different times and could, in theory, have their own software baselines.
Nexus One doesn't tailor to carrier like many other operating systems/phones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts