2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Yesterday I ran over a bad pothole and now there is a loose piece that appears to be plastic underneath my right backseat. It is rectangular and has an identical piece on the left that is still connected. It is making a clacking noise when I drive, particularly over bumps. My boyfriend can’t get it jacked up today, and I’m trying to figure out what the piece is, what it’s protecting if anything, and how to fix it. If anyone has any idea what this piece is and how to help, I would be very appreciative. Thanks! 39BCB868-DDD8-470B-A61E-A641D7EB60C0.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there! Yesterday I ran over a bad pothole and now there is a loose piece that appears to be plastic underneath my right backseat. It is rectangular and has an identical piece on the left that is still connected. It is making a clacking noise when I drive, particularly over bumps. My boyfriend can’t get it jacked up today, and I’m trying to figure out what the piece is, what it’s protecting if anything, and how to fix it. If anyone has any idea what this piece is and how to help, I would be very appreciative. Thanks! View attachment 275646
Updated: wasn’t what was making the noise. It’s a broken shock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts