2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi everybody,
OK one question. If the install process of the reinstall package fails for any reason is there any solution how to fix the situation if I don't turn the system down. Or it reboots itself and there is nothing to be done? My point is if the package is wrong somehow can I download it again a continue the process plugging the drive back in while the install screen is still on or it's impossible.

Thx.

To make sure you package is ok just run CRC check after saving it to a flash drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK I understand that this is the advice to prove that the downloaded file is identical to that on the flash drive and I understand that I need to check the MD5 checksum of the the downloaded file first but my question is if the install process fails for any reason is it possible to make it right before I turn off the car or it just reboots itself and we are done?

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I upgraded my mazda 2, for some reason it said "Unable to find update file" after starting the main update (failsafe worked fine). It then rebooted and automatically tried again, and it went through that time. I suggest maybe having the files on two USB sticks, in case one decides to be unreadable suddenly for some reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saleh,

I received your PM, but I cannot send a private message, while I have not enought posts, so here it is:

I used this program: SkyGz Series Soft. CH341A Programmer Version: 1.13
I think however that each CH341A programmer you can find on the internet can do the job.
As soon you can get online you should read the chip and save the file. So you always can restore the original data.
To open the .up files you need a password: 5X/9vAVhovyU2ygK
Altrough I did not have the original fail safe files, I just used the ones that had a close version number. I compared the files and copied paste all differences from the files into the file of the chip.
follow the instructions carefull on the provided link carefull.
Let me know where you need additional help. If you need a replacement for the time being, I still have the one I used while repairing my own. (send a PM if I do not respond, I can receive them, but nog send)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys so I was also have the same problem.
Problem: black screen, music and Bluetooth would work, and even Answer phone calls .
What I did was rest the system by
Pressing Home,
Turn the knob 2x to the right
Press down on the knob
Shift the knob 6x to the right
Turn the knob to the right 5x
Press down on the knob
Turn the knob to the right 1x
Press down on the know
And Wala it should factory reset your CMU. If you have any other questions let me know or you could see this video I found

https://youtu.be/sjYFYsDfmBk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem: black screen, music and Bluetooth would work, and even Answer phone calls .
Pressing Home,
Press down on the knob
Press down on the knob
Press down on the know
And Wala it should factory reset your CMU. If you have any other questions let me know or you could see this video I found

DOES IT HELP FOR ANYBODY???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pressing Home,
Press down on the knob
Press down on the knob
Press down on the know

Hello I come from Vietnam
I have a problem with my cmu, my CMU has firmware 59.00,545, i updated to firmware 70.00.100 without installing the fail-safe package, the boot screen is endless after 2%. I tried to flash the spi chip using CH341A with bin files taken from other CMUs. 59.00.502; 70.00.100A and change bit 0x10000 from FF to 00
everything is meaningless because the system authentication package installs about 45 seconds, the system restarts automatically
Can someone help me with this? Thanks very much

·
Registered
455 Posts
Virtually ALL Cases where CMU (MZD/Mazda Connect CAN NOT see your USB Flash Drive when updating the Firmware are..
1. USB Flash Drive/Thumb Drive Not Formatted to FAT32 and Using a MAC Computer, ONLY EVER USE WINDOWS PC to Download and to Put Files onto Clean USB Flash Drive.
2.Your Flash Drive is TOO LARGE in Size...Mazda ONLY says to use up to 8 GB, some get away with 16GB.
CMU times out when Flash Drive is too large.
3. Change USB Flash Drive brand or use another Flash Drive...get one with a flashing LED so you can see 'IF' CMU is Reading/Writing OFF Flash Drive.
4. YES there are People who have used this or that and it works, I will say AGAIN, No Car Brand uses MAC/Apple for Diagnostics, or Servicing, none, all Service Integrated Software etc is Windows, AMD, Intel, IBM, Bosch.....None are supported from a manufacturer point of view using Anything Apple, ISO, etc.

See my signature below, For NORMAL Firmware Updating (without Tweaks) all the information you need is in the Hi-Drive Server, Bookmark links in your Browser, ONLY use Windows PC....do NOT use a Windows Partition on a Mac PC either.

Take your time and READ, DO NOT Skip ANY Firmware instructions, DO NOT install wrong Firmware meant for other Regions UNLESS you know what for and what you are doing.

In Hi-Drive Server there is a Folder with All the Troubleshooting Tips and Information, Folder is called........................ "w Troubleshooting". Including..RESTORE ALL FACTORY SETTINGS IF BLACK SCREEN.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Virtually ALL Cases where CMU (MZD/Mazda Connect CAN NOT see your USB Flash Drive when updating the Firmware are..
1. USB Flash Drive/Thumb Drive Not Formatted to FAT32 and Using a MAC Computer, ONLY EVER USE WINDOWS PC to Download and to Put Files onto Clean USB Flash Drive.
2.Your Flash Drive is TOO LARGE in Size...Mazda ONLY says to use up to 8 GB, some get away with 16GB.
CMU times out when Flash Drive is too large.
3. Change USB Flash Drive brand or use another Flash Drive...get one with a flashing LED so you can see 'IF' CMU is Reading/Writing OFF Flash Drive.
4. YES there are People who have used this or that and it works, I will say AGAIN, No Car Brand uses MAC/Apple for Diagnostics, or Servicing, none, all Service Integrated Software etc is Windows, AMD, Intel, IBM, Bosch.....None are supported from a manufacturer point of view using Anything Apple, ISO, etc.

See my signature below, For NORMAL Firmware Updating (without Tweaks) all the information you need is in the Hi-Drive Server, Bookmark links in your Browser, ONLY use Windows PC....do NOT use a Windows Partition on a Mac PC either.

Take your time and READ, DO NOT Skip ANY Firmware instructions, DO NOT install wrong Firmware meant for other Regions UNLESS you know what for and what you are doing.

In Hi-Drive Server there is a Folder with All the Troubleshooting Tips and Information, Folder is called........................ "w Troubleshooting". Including..RESTORE ALL FACTORY SETTINGS IF BLACK SCREEN.
My dear friend, I have encountered this problem and I need a solution, thank you very much anyway

121 - 135 of 135 Posts