2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same vehicle and my infotainment unit bricked to a blank black screen with only the previous radio station playing in the background.

I called the Mazda Connect support number and theyre aware that this is an issue and replaced it for me at no cost. I recommend doing the same.
Although they have done what they should, that's still very nice of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same vehicle and my infotainment unit bricked to a blank black screen with only the previous radio station playing in the background.

I called the Mazda Connect support number and theyre aware that this is an issue and replaced it for me at no cost. I recommend doing the same.

What number did you contact mazda on. Was it in uk?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to find the password for the .up files. But somehow it eludes me. I searched the whole day and can't find anything.
Can someone please send me the password via pm or give a hint how to extract the files needed? (As described by yml)

·
Registered
345 Posts
this is how the whole assembly looked in my case:
I put the 56.00.513B image that I flashed here: drive.google.com/file/d/0B-PklWDYOggeMW9UVHdwNWNrbXM
The "bad" image I saved from my bricked ROM is here: drive.google.com/file/d/0B-PklWDYOggeM1VDVHpYMy16U28
Thank for great infomation to recover CMU!

I've confused in when reading you post in link How I unbricked CMU in my Mazda - ?????????? ???? ???????? ??????

Because the CH341APro use 8 pin connector board, but in your picture, the SOIC-16 (16 Pin) soldered on this board, and this board using 8 pin to connect with CH341APro ..., so i think it may be need some pin of SOIC-16 chip reprogram this chip, right!

I have the CH341A EEPROM programmer and a SOP16 Clamp test clip, but don't know how to connect SOP16 test clip to PCB on CH341A EEPROM programer, which pin to connect...

If you can post the picture or have detail guide for us, it will be great!

Thank and best regards!

·
Registered
5 Posts
anhnga, on this picture you can see that the CH341APro board has a black 16-pin panel on it, but only 8 pins are used in our case (the rest are for a different chip type). When you buy CH341APro, the package includes also a little additional PCB (the green one, with numbers etc.) and 8 little wires you solder on this PCB exactly as you see on the picture. The other 8 holes remain unused. You will insert the PCB with these wires into the black panel.
Then, you solder either the SOIC-16 itself, or the test clip wires on this green board. If you use the test clip, simply solder the corresponding wires, I think you can easily trace which wire corresponds to which SOIC-16 pin.

upd: OK, I see you want to know how the pins are connected on the PCB to insert the clip wires directly to the panel. This is how the pins are connected on the green PCB. The first column is the number on the PCB (so that 1 and 8 are in the middle of the black panel, 4 and 5 are at the edge). The second column is the pin number of SOIC-16.

1 - 7
2 - 8
3 - 9
4 - 10
5 - 15
6 - 16
7 - 1
8 - 2

·
Registered
345 Posts
anhnga, on this picture you can see that the CH341APro board has a black 16-pin panel on it, but only 8 pins are used in our case (the rest are for a different chip type). When you buy CH341APro, the package includes also a little additional PCB (the green one, with numbers etc.) and 8 little wires you solder on this PCB exactly as you see on the picture. The other 8 holes remain unused. You will insert the PCB with these wires into the black panel.
Then, you solder either the SOIC-16 itself, or the test clip wires on this green board. If you use the test clip, simply solder the corresponding wires, I think you can easily trace which wire corresponds to which SOIC-16 pin.

upd: OK, I see you want to know how the pins are connected on the PCB to insert the clip wires directly to the panel. This is how the pins are connected on the green PCB. The first column is the number on the PCB (so that 1 and 8 are in the middle of the black panel, 4 and 5 are at the edge). The second column is the pin number of SOIC-16.

1 - 7
2 - 8
3 - 9
4 - 10
5 - 15
6 - 16
7 - 1
8 - 2
Thank for your useful information, i'll try your suggestion to recover my CMU!

PS: I saw you write in the link
I flashed the chip (it took two extra times to flash it before I figured out I have to erase it first, otherwise there's nobody to turn zero bits into ones). My friend soldered the chip to its place on PCB, I connected everything and the system booted as if nothing had happened.
Can you tell me, which file you used to flash the chip, which flasher program to flash that chip?

Thank and best regards!

·
Registered
1 Posts

1 - 7
2 - 8
3 - 9
4 - 10
5 - 15
6 - 16
7 - 1
8 - 2
Thank you for the excellent work, but could not you paint everything step by step (sorry for bad English, I'm from Russia, and I do not know English well).

·
Registered
6 Posts
as i said your CMU not hard brick.. you are lucky that failsafe was went 100% if wifi dont come up then use putty as seriel as vic_ over this post russian tweek.
HELLO,
My name is Bang,I'm from Viet Nam!
i have a mazda3-2014 and 6 month ago I install tweak to hack NAVI map follow the instructions on the web,
It's works normally until today,
The screen is not displayed,only black.Only radio working.DVD,voice control...is not work.
I tried rebooting, disconnecting but still did not work.
I brought my car to Mazda,They try fix to but they're can not fix,after all day they're plug in a new device and it works well,but my car out of guarantee date : ( So they put the old screen +cmu back because i cant buy the new one now.
Come back home I'm go on this forum,follow some post and download tweak,There was a time when the DVD worked again.But screen still black.Then,I follow another post:make a different usb and download tweak called:AIO,but still nothing better,i post about that here and result some one tell me I made wrong version.
My english its not so well,Can you imagine my problem?
Can you help me out?Please show me the details of the steps to do.
I do not know the exact firmware version.some file in usb show is v33.00.500A-ADR(=== MYDIR='/tmp/mnt/sda1' ===
=== DEST_DIR_BASE='/' ===
=== CMU_SW_VER='33.00.500A-ADR' ===
=== ORIG_FILES_DIR '/tmp/mnt/sda1/original_files.33.00.500A-ADR' ===
=== ERROR! : Could not find original files directory '/tmp/mnt/sda1/original_files.33.00.500A-ADR'! === )
but some where i cant remember is show another.
Now what do I do first?can I reinstall firmware?how to fix a broken file in system,where I can find original firmware to download how to install firmware on my broken system?Help me plz!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My situation may be the same,black screen :CMU in stand-by mode but i can use script from usb to turn on wifi AP,but i dont know what to do next?i find in many post but still can't find the right for me.Help me pls!Thanks alot

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have another one here that has failed. 2014 Mazda 3 luckily I took the extended warranty. The dealer says replacement CMU's are back-ordered??? It's been over a week now and I haven't heard anything. Anyone know how long it might take?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All
I think I brick my MZD system in Mazda 3 2016.
I have 55.00753 software version in my Mazda and I wanted to update it to 59.00.532. I did everything like was posted here but!
After I instal Fail-Safe package 59.00.532 I wanted to instal Reinstalation Packate 59.00.532 but I recieve screen with information that "Vaidation Failed. Failed to validate package certification"
After that my MZD system restarted and I recieve black screen.

Right now I have situation that rado is playin but screen is black.
Is there any way to fix it. Or maybe someone can help me I'm from Poland.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixed?

I tried to search for this specific answer but didn't see it. I was beginning to have touch screen problems on my 2014 Mazda 3 (out of warranty) with bose/navi/infotainment etc so I was going to try a firmware update. I was on 55.00.650 and I successfully installed the failsafe part of the 59.00.411. When I got back into the diag menu the touchscreen was dead so I couldn't enter "99" to begin the second part of the install. Instead of using the commander knob to scroll to 99 I stupidly held mute+nav to do a reset and the screen went black and never came back on. No Mazda logo or any backlight whatsoever, just radio playing in background.

I don't believe the bootloop recovery threads will help because it wasn't after a file modification that this happened, although I have had the touchscreen speed limiter and background pic modified for about 6 months with no issue. My display shows nothing at all. Please advise me if you think I can actually recover using one of these threads.

My question is I've found some replacement CMU's which match my part number (BHP1669C0 K2352) on ebay for a reasonable price used. With these used units, can I install this in my car and use it or will be locked by anti-theft code or some such thing? I just want to know if I'll be able to use one of these used units or will I need to buy a new OEM unit to fix this issue?

I'm just trying to do this fix myself without paying the dealer if possible!

Thanks for any advice!

Did you get this fixed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a Japanese Mazda Demio (2016) and tried to install a EU firmware version. The failsafe package was successfully installed but the installation file was unable to be installed. I have already installed the same firmware on my other car successfully, using the same usb.

I tried again to run the installation file unsuccessfully. Then I switched off the car, locked the doors and everything, left the car for a while and when I booted the system, the screen didn't turn on.

I tried several troubleshooting methods from various sources online (fuse removal, battery cable removal, nav+mute+back etc.) all ending up the same, having a black screen.

The dealership here won't help due to their policies for imported cars so I could use some help from anyone who managed to sort this out.

Looking for any assistance possible

cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I also had my connect bricked, after installing the fail safe I came to the conclusion that the Reinstall was not complete and had to break the update, and than you have a problem..... So I first bought myself an other unit from E-bay.
I did a lot of research on how to unbrick my unit, after days of reading I came to the conclusion that the only possibility is to directly program the chip on the board. So I decided to give it a try. After my second attempt managed to get it back to the original software version and could finally update to the correct version and install Android auto :laugh2:
You can find the procedure here: livejournal com/3007282 html (replace the spaces by dashes, I cannot post links yet)
I did it without soldering, just using the clip on as shown in this article. If someone needs help let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everybody,
OK one question. If the install process of the reinstall package fails for any reason is there any solution how to fix the situation if I don't turn the system down. Or it reboots itself and there is nothing to be done? My point is if the package is wrong somehow can I download it again a continue the process plugging the drive back in while the install screen is still on or it's impossible.

Thx.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts