2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think have a problem about break pad on my car.

I have italian Mazda 3 Skyactiv-D 2.2 Diesel with 45 000 km.
I have already change 2 times the front break pads.
What about your experience? It is normal also for you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
What was the problem with your break pads? Premature wear?

I replaced my front pads at 44000 miles (70,800km) with aftermarket pads, and the technician said that the original factory pads still had about 80% left. These factory ceramic pads have a long working lifespan. Were you able to see the pads that were removed from your vehicle at the time of replacement?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think a problem with pads because each 20 000 km I need to replace it. It is only my that has this premature consumptions then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your brakes keep wearing out I'd check to make sure the callipers have to got tar or sap in them. That can cause the breaks to be applied almost constantly so they wear out much faster then they should. It's very common especially if you drive anywhere that gets very hot in summer, the tar gets onto the brakes and stops them acting properly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting posts.

At 10.000km I replaced the front pads with OEM pads. At 18.000km I replaced the OEM pads with aftermarket pads which were 1/4 of the cost for OEM. I've got 32.000km now and aftermarket pads are still fine. At 23.000km I replaced the rear pads with aftermarkets pads as well. I do city driving only (always above the speed limit so I do lots of braking).

It really depends on style of driving, city or highway, AT or MT, etc so comparisons without knowing all variables is just non-sense. Cars with AT change them every 15.000km with normal city driving.

From my experience the OEM pads on the 3rd gens are junk and you should definitely buy an aftermarket pads. The OEM pads were always causing some strange sounds when braking (the factory installed and replacement OEM as well).

Just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Dimitar,
Could you let us know which brake pads you purchased as i will shortly ahve to replace my fronts. I Ma on 30000 miles on the OEMs!!!

Thanks
TP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts