2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I am 17 years old from northern Indiana. I've had my license since April, but had my driving privileges revoked for totaling my mom's Camry after barely having my license for a month. I would explain but its not that it's a long story, it's just not very interesting lol. I recently turned 17 this June and my dad bought me an 07 2.0L Mazda3 i touring from my neighbor at the time. And in my opinion he got that sh*t for a STEAAAL, $2200. Needed both front wheel bearings replaced and the two rear shocks were uhhhh basically non existent, but with a little cash and hard work, we got her back in her prime! It's funny, this was actually the car I was taught manual with. My neighbor had been selling it for months and I asked to test drive it just because I was curious.(I had absolutely no clue that my name would end up on the title only a month later.) I realized that this was a manual, and even though I had watched all of the millions of "How to drive stick" videos on youtube, I was still a little nervous and unsure about driving it. My neighbor then offered to teach me aaaaand I don't wanna toot my own horn or anything but I found it surprisingly simple and got it down in about 10 minutes :grin2: Anyway, It's been almost two months now since I've owned it and I've put about ten thousand miles on it and have had a TON of fun.

If you own a 07 maz3 and if you want to make it sound a lil cooler, delete the muffler and straight pipe it. It's cheap and really makes a difference in sound while at the same time not making your ears bleed. I don't think its rice if I admit that my car is not fast and will not beat anything in a race (except my friend's Dodge Stratus rt, which to be honest I don't how I did.) I mean for christ's sake I couldn't even keep up to a 90s buick regal that one of my other friends raced me in. I just wanted it to sound better than that weak humming that came when the muffler was on it lol.

That was just a little about me, I hope you enjoyed reading this, probably too long, introduction. I'm excited to be a new part of the community!

P.S. if theres anyway to make this car faster other than a cai or a catback exhaust pls let me know

P.P.S. I also work at Taco Bell... that's not really important but I figured I'd let u know

·
Registered
301 Posts
How many miles are on your '07? My daughter also has an '07 2.0L Mazda 3. Her head gasket blew at 155k miles and we put in a '12 2.5L Ford Fusion engine. Those have much better hp and torque. Her car now performs better than her brother's '07 2.3L Mazda 3.

For the older cars, feel free to join us on mazda3forums.com. Very good info on engine swaps with Ford Duratec engines. It's cheaper than you may think.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I said I put 10000 miles on the car, I meant about 1000 haha. Did not mean to put the extra zero, but it just went over 150K. Soooo should I be expecting my headgasket to blow soon lol. And that's very interesting I might have to look into that, did you have to do any changes to the transmission? Or is it as easy as just plugging it in?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
When I said I put 10000 miles on the car, I meant about 1000 haha. Did not mean to put the extra zero, but it just went over 150K. Soooo should I be expecting my headgasket to blow soon lol. And that's very interesting I might have to look into that, did you have to do any changes to the transmission? Or is it as easy as just plugging it in?
Congrats on your wheels. As for any used cars...just check all the fluids were changed.
Transmission (Redish), brake fluid flushed (clear), motor oil (golden), power steering fluid (flushed), brake pads/rotors and Suspension.

·
Super Moderator
717 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on your wheels. As for any used cars...just check all the fluids were changed.
Transmission (Redish), brake fluid flushed (clear), motor oil (golden), power steering fluid (flushed), brake pads/rotors and Suspension.
All done and done, it's actually in pretty great shape for what I got it for. I like the idea the other guy had, I want to swap the engine. Just need to research what engines can fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts