2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lainey
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there all! I am a bit confused about the oil recommended for this vehicle. My "car guy" friends say Mobil 1 synthetic, but the manual says Castrol or MAZDA's oil (?). What do you all use? I've been reading about a particular oil for the skyactiv engine. I don't want to use any oil that will cause my warranty to be invalid. Moreover, do I have to have my oil changes done at the dealership? I am used to going to great independent mechanics because of the savings. Hmm.
I am an auto detailer by trade, but my specialty is only cosmetic, so any help anyone can give would be most appreciated.
Thanks! :smile2:

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Whatever oil you use in the end, make sure if you do the changes yourself or have it done by an independent, to have precise documentation of mileage/date, and exact brand/viscosity of oil and filter used -- so if you later have a warranty claim related to your motor, your have proof of "correct" matierals, intervals, etc.

Personally, I will be 100% using the oil and filter Mazda recommends in the manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts