2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new Mazda 3 GT burn to the ground today. Smoke just started coming out from the front. After getting out of the car, the front started engulfing the car. Fireman put out the fire but notice fuel flowing out from the front of the engine, most likely causing the fire.

Now my main concern is, is Mazda going to give me a new car, or I would have to get my insurance to pay for it? If my insurance is paying, that means I have to pay deductable and my premium will go up. What do you think?

- Andrew

Attachments

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
If your insurance is paid current, then your insurance company will have an adjuster look at the vehicle, estimate the damage and either have the car rebuilt or total it....if they total it, you use the money to pay off the bank loan. Then you start over...any liability on Mazda's part will be taken up by your insurance company.......

·
Registered
103 Posts
:eek:hmy 1: Hope you are okay! That's really scary that your car just started to smoke... I really hope this is not a defect for all of our cars! Wonder what caused this...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The smoke started at the headlights section, there's a TSA Recall on the DRL light for the 2010 Mazda 3. I suspect that is the reason for this. I truely advice everyone to have this checked on your car.

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
wow thats really crazy glad you were ok though. did you have any mods that could have done this? I hope everything gets taken care of with your insurance, your premiums should't go up as long as it can be traced back to Mazda being at fault. It would be just as if you were in an accident that wasn't your fault.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Not sure what state you live in, but here in Texas you are reimbursed for the TTL if your car is totalled within the first year of ownership.

As a side note, I would let the NHTSA know what has happened via their website. After that, let your insurance company deal with Mazda. If they feel it was a manufacturer defect, the insurance will go after them.

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
also not to be a jerk but dibs on the rims haha

·
Registered
476 Posts
that sucks, sorry for your loss. If you are able to part it, dibs on taillights? :blush 1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow thats really crazy glad you were ok though. did you have any mods that could have done this? I hope everything gets taken care of with your insurance, your premiums should't go up as long as it can be traced back to Mazda being at fault. It would be just as if you were in an accident that wasn't your fault.
The only mod was my mags and I changed the headunit inside the car. I don't think any of those could have caused this. BTW, sorry you can't have my mag...:sad 1:

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
DAMN:sad 1: well i hope everything works out for you, maybe you will be able to upgrade to an MS3

·
Registered
476 Posts
ya let us know what was the cause of this, I might just leave my MS3 parked outside of the garage and park my Explorer inside the garage to feel safer even though the Explorer has been known to catch on fire spontaneously :blink 1:

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Mazda will blame the aftermarket head unit.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
head unit installed...what about amp with power wire?

shame to see it happen and good luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts