2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wannabe race car driver
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this!

I have a 2013 Mazda 3i Touring with SkyActiv. It came with 16" alloys, put I got a set of Speed3 rims for really cheap ($350 for a set), so now it sits on the Speed3 rims. The only problem is the rotors like tiny with these bigger rims. So since my brake pads are needing replacement anyways, I decided to get some bigger rotors too. The stock rotors in the front (I'll do the rears later) have a diameter of 10.94". I did some research and it turns out the 2.5 s model 3 of my year have 11.6" rotors, and the Speed3 has 12.6" massive rotors. I also found the 2.5 uses the same calipers as the 2.0 SkyActiv. The only difference is the caliper mounting bracket being a bit bigger on the 2.5L to accommodate for the larger rotor.

So I've decided to go with 11.6" rotors. I ordered some Centric StopTech slotted rotors, and they look great! I also went with Hawk HPS performance brake pads (all thanks to the recommendations of RacingBeat).

Now the hard part is the caliper brackets...

Where can I find them? I looked everywhere online for caliper brackets off a 2.5L 2013 Mazda 3s, and I can't seem to find them anywhere. No junkyards around me have that particular model I can source parts off of, and the dealer wants $100 per bracket (ouch!).

So... This leads me to a couple of questions...
  1. Where can I find them?
  2. Are there any other models (like say an older 3) that uses the same caliper bracket? I heard certain Volvos have the same brake setup as a Speed3, but how about a regular 3?
  3. Could anyone possibly find the part # for them?

Thank you guys so much for your help!

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
The first generation mazda 3 2.3L uses the same size front brakes as the 2nd generation 2.5 L. Those are more common and should have the same caliper.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Shoot.. those look AMAZING. Where'd you buy those? I want them.
Got them from a friends show car. They don't fit behind my wheels :( It'll fit pretty much any wheel besides a 3 piece wheel with bolts lol.

They're 2600 new and I just need them gone for 900.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Got them from a friends show car. They don't fit behind my wheels :( It'll fit pretty much any wheel besides a 3 piece wheel with bolts lol.

They're 2600 new and I just need them gone for 900.
those remind me of the project mU brake kit with that turquoise color caliper. would love a set of the Mu's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts