2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a problem with the rear right brake/position light on a 2005 Mazda3. Same LED lights (8 led) shine dimmer when lights are on (state 1) and goes brighter when brake are pressed (state 2). My right light has a problem it works good on state 1 but if brakes pedal is pressed it does a single flashing and than goes completely off (ignoring the state 1). If I turn off/on the lights it goes to state 1 again. The left LED lights works ok with both states.
Temporary I have disconnected the brake pin on the right rear light so at least i can use the LEDs as position lights, but is not safe and I'm worried about fail on MOT.
I've tried to remove the whole combination light and it was closed from inside and can't be open via screws.
I've seen that Mazda take the whole unit to do the repairs, but I want a DIY way to repair this. Has anyone worked on this lights and give me some details? Had someone try to repair this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know how this resistors are connected R111= 110Ω and R202= 2kΩ and how does the circuit switch from one circuit to another?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a very unpleasant problem. But you can fix it yourself. You need to purchase individual parts of the led strip. Or completely replace the entire one. I think it's better to replace it completely, because if one of them is burned out, then the second one will soon burn out. I had the same thing in my car. I replaced the entire module. In General, I buy led strips for my home and car only in one store. I am satisfied with the quality and prices. I'll leave a link for you https://www.ukled.co.uk/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts