2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I noticed that my brake pedal is very stiff when starting the car. (i.e. when pressing the brake to start the car)

The car was sitting for 2-3 days in the garage. Once the engine started, the pedal firmness went away. Is this normal? I haven't experienced this before.

PS: I didn't pump the brakes when the engine is off.

·
SpeedySpeedBoy313
52 Posts
Lately, I noticed that my brake pedal is very stiff when starting the car. (i.e. when pressing the brake to start the car)

The car was sitting for 2-3 days in the garage. Once the engine started, the pedal firmness went away. Is this normal? I haven't experienced this before.

PS: I didn't pump the brakes when the engine is off.
This also happens to me when I haven't started the car in a while. I just assumed the vacuum pressure for the brake booster goes away after a while. If I only have my car off for a day or so this won't happen though. Hopefully someone else can chime in that is more knowledgeable than me.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can replicate this by turning off your car and pumping the brake 2-3 times to release the pressure. then your pedal will feel stiff, same thing as leaving the car off for a few days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts