2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you haven’t ordered yet.....

Call Carl @ perry auto in laval....

Rotors should be ~$35/ea

I bought the power stop z23 pads and would not recommend them. Much less initial bite and modulation than oem pads. I’d be curious if anyone has found pads that feel as good as the oem ones for cheaper.... oem front pads in Canada are $160ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Follow up: just wore out the z23 pads, still would not recommend.

Replaced with centric pq pro and am very pleased! Feels very similar to stock. Excellent modulation, initial bite, and pedal feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2016 3 Sport GT
32 Posts
Power stops are good bang for buck rotors+pads. Just let it be known that it will take 2 seasons to break in the pads and rotors. 11k km into the setup and they finally have that initial bite that's close to OEM.

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
Power stops are good bang for buck rotors+pads. Just let it be known that it will take 2 seasons to break in the pads and rotors. 11k km into the setup and they finally have that initial bite that's close to OEM.
Two seasons? No way that it takes 6000 miles to get the brakes to work. Bed them properly on installation and it shouldn't take more than a couple days. If it takes 6000 miles for them to get to OEM levels then they are hardly worth considering.

·
Registered
2016 3 Sport GT
32 Posts
Two seasons? No way that it takes 6000 miles to get the brakes to work. Bed them properly on installation and it shouldn't take more than a couple days. If it takes 6000 miles for them to get to OEM levels then they are hardly worth considering.
Followed the instructions to the T. Rinsed and repeat many times. No bueno. It's a common issue across other makes and models.

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
Followed the instructions to the T. Rinsed and repeat many times. No bueno. It's a common issue across other makes and models.
Common issue? I've been doing brakes for 40 years, on many different cars using many different brands of brakes. Never seen brakes that took 6000 miles to work properly. That is just ridiculous, either an installation error or defective / contaminated pads and / or rotors. New brakes should work as intended as soon as you install them....I installed EBC yellows and new rotors on all 4 corners last week on my car. After few good hard stops and a day of driving (less than 100 miles) they are far better than OEM, and they worked fine on the first pedal application.

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
144 Posts
Yeah.. EBC Green 2000s up front. Followed the bedding in instructions and all good within a day. Great brakes.. just wish they made a set for the EPB rears..
CK
Hi, We would love to hear your feedback about our products, fancy dropping us an Email to let us know your thoughts please? EBC Brakes

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah.. EBC Green 2000s up front. Followed the bedding in instructions and all good within a day. Great brakes.. just wish they made a set for the EPB rears..
CK
I have used EBC on my motorcycle and now my 5th wheel. How are they holding up? How is the stopping power and dusting?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,881 Posts
The Green Stuff 2000 pads have minimal dust, better stopping power than OEM pads and they have a higher heat tolerance and fade resistance (last longer).

Basically, good pads. I got a set of RK rotors too and they also are an improvement over OEM rotors and work well with the pads.
CK

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
144 Posts
The Green Stuff 2000 pads have minimal dust, better stopping power than OEM pads and they have a higher heat tolerance and fade resistance (last longer).

Basically, good pads. I got a set of RK rotors too and they also are an improvement over OEM rotors and work well with the pads.
CK
Thank you for the positive feedback :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts