2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably already been answered but I haven't found a thread, but my question is can I run a aftermarket recirculating BOV without a tune?

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you are going to run it 100% recirculating, it should be fine without a tune. If you go the hybrid route, you will want a tune because otherwise you will risk damaging your cats from running rich during shifts.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Probably already been answered but I haven't found a thread, but my question is can I run a aftermarket recirculating BOV without a tune?
Try out the GFB T9002 Hybrid valve. It is the best of both worlds! I've been running it for a while now and so far has been a great experience. I'm running about 30 to 40% vta and 60% recirc.
This valve setup was checked by Brett Turner, engineer who design the patented adjustable option of the valve, which after sending him the videos, he said car was running perfect. No idle problems , no stalling, no cells etc. Spring settings out of the box are normally perfect. Hope this helps! Oh by the way, I didn't have to tune.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
These cars run off BPV but recirc is the best way for this car

If you are going to run it 100% recirculating, it should be fine without a tune. If you go the hybrid route, you will want a tune because otherwise you will risk damaging your cats from running rich during shifts.
You can actually run 50/50 with no problems but these cars respond better to full recirc. Full VTA is when its recommended for a tune.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Try out the GFB T9002 Hybrid valve. It is the best of both worlds! I've been running it for a while now and so far has been a great experience. I'm running about 30 to 40% vta and 60% recirc.
This valve setup was checked by Brett Turner, engineer who design the patented adjustable option of the valve, which after sending him the videos, he said car was running perfect. No idle problems , no stalling, no cells etc. Spring settings out of the box are normally perfect. Hope this helps! Oh by the way, I didn't have to tune.
Just wondering, if you run the GFB T9002 in full recirculation mode, does it make a louder vent sound vs the stock BPV? I mean considering you already run a SRI, I was thinking the sound should be louder than the stock BPV with a SRI. With the CS SRI + TIP, the vent sound is a bit audible, but not as audible as I want it to be.

You can actually run 50/50 with no problems but these cars respond better to full recirc. Full VTA is when its recommended for a tune.
Ah that is an important distinction there, thanks for clarifying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts