2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
zoom zoom
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what dirrection should i be turning. i figured it would be right since its on the oposite direction as the top. and is there a easier way to get this damn bolt off. its on there way tight

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Your turning it the right way but it would be easier if you had a longer ratchet for more leverage and a deep 14 mm socket. I'd grab the broken end with a Vicegrip to make sure it doesn't spin too.

Reactions: 2010mazda3

·
zoom zoom
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your turning it the right way but it would be easier if you had a longer ratchet for more leverage and a deep 14 mm socket. I'd grab the broken end with a Vicegrip to make sure it doesn't spin too.
yea i have deep sockets up to 13mm, figures. and thats the longest ratchet i have.:sad 1:. funny how easy the top bolt was to get off. thanks for the help though. figured youd know:punk:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Slide a pipe or something over the ratchet handle to increase the length (leverage). In your pic the ratchet is pointing to the ten o'clock position. Point the ratchet to the two o'clock position and hit it with a rubber mallet or dead blow hammer. That'll knock the nut loose fo sho!

Reactions: 2010mazda3
1 - 6 of 6 Posts