2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the opportunity to do an intensive side-by-side between the two systems. All I care about is a quality 2.0 system. Will only use the rears as fill. Don't care about fancy-schmancy surround simulations etc. Emphasis on clarity and imaging. No plans to upgrade.

So which one is better-Bose or non-Bose?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The question is what kind of music do you listen generally, and what are your sound preferences?
I have a pretty sophisticated audio system at home (vacuum tube CD player, vacuum tube amplifier and electrostatic speakers), and listen live music so often. My sound preferences mainly covers acoustical music (jazz, world music, pop but listening rock music often also). My Mazda 3 2016 fitted with 6 speakers non-bose audio system. I'm absolute satisfied with it. The sound is very balanced, fine displays of acoustic space. Im really enjoy to listen it.
My friend has a Mazda 3 2016 fitted with Bose audio system (He choosen this model because of Bose system :). He listen only elctronic music and disco music from the 80' era. He prefer quiet strong bass and jingling treble. He really enjoy it.

Personally I do not prefer the sound of Bose system because I heard it very colored and it is not neutral compared to the live music. The six speakers (mid level in EU) system much more natural, than Bose system.

However, many people not satisfied with the sound quality neither the 6-speakers system nor Bose system, and made changes in speaker or invest extra amplifier with subwofer.
Hope I could help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts