2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Bose speaker distortion

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JDK88 
#1 ·
I bought my 2014 Mazda 3 at the beginning of January and since I've had it I've noticed the bose system has a slight distortion in the speakers. I think its coming from the 3 speakers on the dash. I listen to my music through bluetooth a lot so maybe this is where the distortion is coming from. I don't always hear it only in certain parts of songs.

Has anyone else noticed this?

#5 ·
Bluetooth can only send so much data through the air. Try with an aux cable or USB to make sure you're getting an high fidelity audio transmission before saying your speakers are bad. Make sure you also try it with a flat EQ. Any speaker will distort if you dont properly mix the sound.

#8 ·
Guys, this is one of the issues with the Bluetooth radio module (infotainment system). You're right, sounds like a speaker issue but its the god awful Bluetooth module. Ever notice if you touch your phone or navigate to message the audio POPS in and OUT.
Guys, we need to get these issues correct, this isn't normal. My 2010, 2011 and 2012 Mazda 3 had no audio issues when playing directly from the phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.