2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m new to the community, I have a 2010 mazdaspeed3 and was looking to hookup subs to it. After digging a little deeper I noticed the previous owner had wires ran under the carpets and in the dash for when he had subs in it. I found where all of the wires go and the rca cables go into a line output converter and then into the stock Bose amp. My subs never have worked in the year of me owning this car. The amp powers on and delivers power. I had the subs making noise yesterday but it was mostly static. I understand that might be because the speakers are blown or a combination of them being blown and the amp not delivering enough power. Over the First 6 months I owned the car I had intermittent failure of all audio. No audio from speakers at all. Then it would randomly come back on a few days later or a few weeks. I believe that the stock Bose amp is failing and causing this issue. So I’m wondering if I could replace the stock Bose amp with an aftermarket one, and which one I should get and if there’s any wiring or extra components I’d need. I’d also like to know if I can keep the door speakers and the entire stock audio system in just change the Bose amp out for an aftermarket one. thank u.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts