2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am looking to buy the Borla exhaust for my 2016 Mazda 3 SGT, but I can not find anyone who has installed the exhaust with oem black rear diffuser for the hatchback. Does it fit or will I melt the rear diffuser. Someone let my know. I contacted Borla they could not give me a good answer except if my car has dual exhaust it should fit. Also if someone got a picture with the exhaust so I could see how far the tips stick out.

Thanks.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Hello all,
I am looking to buy the Borla exhaust for my 2016 Mazda 3 SGT, but I can not find anyone who has installed the exhaust with oem black rear diffuser for the hatchback. Does it fit or will I melt the rear diffuser. Someone let my know. I contacted Borla they could not give me a good answer except if my car has dual exhaust it should fit. Also if someone got a picture with the exhaust so I could see how far the tips stick out.

Thanks.
If you already have purchased the muffler...find a local custom performance muffler shop that welds tig/mig and they can cut/add pipe

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,065 Posts
Ultimate Racing Axle-back with rear diffuser. I got the rolled steel tips and have no issues at all.
CK
I need to find a shop and get the tips welded on. They currently slide over the pipe and have a long v cut in the sides that a clamp tightens over. They look a little off in the picture, but I think that's due to the ground.

Also..slightly OT..anyone consider spending $50 for upgraded polyurethane hangers? Waisted money or are the OEM rubber hangers that bad?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
polyurethane are supposed to be more resistant to sagging, but the rubber ones should be good for a few years.
I was driving behind a fully modded Honda S2000 today and the exhaust looked like it was on springs as he was driving..tips bouncing up and down with every bump. It got me thinking that I better do something fast before my exhaust gets floppy like that...

We already got udders down there from the spring mounts...don't need no floppy tips...
CK

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Slightly OT...again...sorry!

What do we do with those 4 udders? Leave 'em? Chop 'em off? Replacements that don't look like a bovine body part???
CK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts