2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
looking for some help here had only a basic MZD-AIO install done by the previous owner of the car.
Version 70.000.021 4A N (Thailand)

It's been working great for about 3 years apparently it only had touch while driving and disclaimer removal tweaks

right now it bootloops while driving this is the first time it's done it. has never done this in 3 years

I'm about to build a serial cable and possibly order a CH341A and a sop16 Clip

but before I go this far is there any suggestions to try to get it back?

I have already tried removing the battery
Force reboot using Mute-home-nav button combo

I cannot get into diagnostic mode using favorites-music-mute

open to suggestions thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wants to ad few more details.
Maybe this will help

1. Your Firmware full length - fw70.00.24 4A N ADR
1a. Is your firmware fully unlocked (id7/id7v2) - yes I believe so but never tried this my self as the car is second hand.
2. Are you an Android or Apple user? - Apple user
3. Do you have Mazda old usb ports or newer ports which enabled mazda AA and Carplay sw? -newer ports with car play
4. Do you have a HUD module? (Head up display). -yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not knowing the reason of your boot loop and the lack of participation on this forum from people with Linux knowledge IMO the best approach is getting a CH341 and reload a binary failsafe or modify 0X10000 and re-install firmware.
Interesting part is I had exactly the same 2 tweaks loaded and my rootfs was 100% full that I've found out by reading here and using the script posted I regain some space.
I wondered if it's the issue of your boot loop and by using SSH with an Ethernet to USB adapter delete those tweaks.
You could try compiling in AIO an uninstall script of those tweaks plug USB and with some luck will load.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I tried creating a usb to uninstall all tweaks

the usb seemed to work now it says it uninstalled all tweaks

And I get a notice to remove usb and now it said system will reboot.

So it seems I’m getting somewhere.

Now I get to the Mazda logo with a loading wheel on the screen. It’s not going to a menu or or anything just seems stuck at the Mazda logo screen. I’ve let it run for about an hour and the screen never change. I still have radio playing in the background and mute button works.

Reboot with Home+NAV+Mute works to restart

Music+Fav+mute does not seem to go into the menu where you can upload firmware.

I also have a serial connection seems to work.

Anyone have any suggestions to try out?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You could try to do what is described here:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You could try to do what is described here:
Thanks for this link. I notice there was a mega link for the scrip which is no longer avliable. but also the script is displayed in the forum.

If I were to copy this script to a text editor and save on a usb what file format should it be saved as? .sh?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not know, that`s why I pasted the script line by line in putty.

so I got a serial connection so that's great I have given it try just like what you did.

copy and paste into putty line by line and enter after each line is copied.

I get to the end and it says tweaks completed then it reboots.

but I'm still stuck at the Mazda Logo screen with the loading wheel. as if I'm waiting for it to load in to the main menu but nothing loads not sure if there is something else I am missing.

I assume you would need to log in so I have also tried

user/jcs
cmu/jcs

before the script - this script is moving so fast and I didn't get to see if the login was successful

but when I get to the last line and hit enter a message pops up on the screen saying Tweaks installed so I'm confident the commands were excepted.

Code:
user

jcs

cmu

jcs

#!/bin/sh
# disable watchdog and allow write access
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value
mount -o rw,remount /

# original comment from AIO (disable watchdogs in /jci/sm/sm.conf to avoid boot loops if somthing goes wrong)
chmod 755 /jci/sm/sm.conf
rm -f /jci/sm/sm.conf
mv /jci/sm/sm.conf.org /jci/sm/sm.conf

# original comment from AIO (Enable userjs and allow file XMLHttpRequest in /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini - backup first - then edit)
chmod 755 /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini
rm -f /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini
mv /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini.org /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini

# original comment from AIO (Remove fps.js if still exists)
chmod 755 /jci/opera/opera_dir/userjs/fps.js
mv /jci/opera/opera_dir/userjs/fps.js.org /jci/opera/opera_dir/userjs/fps.js

# the "Tweaks Applied" window will appear for 10 seconds and then close automatically"
/jci/tools/jci-dialog --title="System App Tweak Applied" --text="System Tweaks have finished!!" --ok-label='OK' --no-cancel &
sleep 10
killall jci-dialog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts