2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought we could possibly use a thread devoted to detailing all the different options for Exterior Set Plans that are on the market. I will attempt to keep this updated, but if I don't, hopefully a moderator can come in and edit the OP.

I'm sure that 99% of us know what the OEM Aero Kit is, but I don't know if many of you have stumbled across some of the other available OEM and Aftermarket body kits that have become available (or are being developed currently). So hopefully this thread will open your eyes to body kits you haven't seen yet!!!

If you can find websites selling the parts that will enable us to get the Japanese (or any other country's) exclusives in the U.S., please post the link.
This goes for ALL exclusive Japanese parts, not just the Body Kit pieces.​

Mazda OEM Aero Kit
In Japan, this kit is known as the Mazdaspeed Kit (Links: Mazda USA Sedan || Mazda USA Hatch)

Real Life Image Added as Attachment below, credit to @Acronic
Includes:
• Front Air Dam
• Side Sill Extensions
• Rear Diffuser
• Black Door Mirror Caps
• Rear Decklid Lip Spoiler (Sedan Only)
• Rear Spoiler (Hatchback Only)
Although the rear spoilers aren't actually a part of the Aero Kit set, they are often associated with the set more than the Black Door Mirror caps are.

Mazda OEM Kenstyle Body Kit​
(This style is currently under development and is scheduled for release in Japan by May 2014)

Kenstyle Details Shown in a 2nd Image Below (as Attachment)​
Includes: (not sure on the names of these)
• Front Bumper Mold
• Side Skirt Mold
• Rear Bumper Mold (seems to be available for Hatchback and Sedan)
• Front Above-Grill Chrome Trim
• Front Fog Light/Turn Signal Chrome Trim
• Rear Above-License-Plate Chrome Trim (Different for Sedan and Hatchback)
• Rear Turn Signal Chrome Trim (Different for Sedan and Hatchback)
• Door Handle Chrome Trim
• Side Mirror Chrome Trim
• Additional Side LEDs on Fog Lights (Part #BMK1 V4 680: Kenstyle LED Strip)

(Link in Title)
Includes:
• Front Grill
• Front Bumper (Hatchback Only)
• Side Strake Set
• Rear Roof Spoiler (Hatchback Only)
• Rear Spoiler (Sedan Only - this is just subtly different from the Decklid Lip Spoiler)

(Link in Title)
Includes:
• Upper Front Wings
• Lower Front Wings
• Seitenschweller Set (Side Skirts Set)
• Heckschüzen Set (Rear Skirt Set, and probably the 2 Wings mounted on the Rear like the ones in the front)
• Heckspoiler (Rear Spoiler, Hatchback Only)
NOTE: I believe all the body pieces must be painted yourself, they will not match them for you sadly. Please keep this in mind.
• Edelstahl Sportschalldämper (Stainless steel Sports Muffler (and exhaust tips?))
• They also have H&R Lowering Springs for sale
• They also have Wheel Spacers
• They also have a variety of Rims for sale

Chrome Body Trim Accessories​
(DAMD OEM Styling Effect, and other Chrome Trims; (The DAMD style is currently Japan exclusive))

DAMD Chrome Details Shown in a 2nd Image Below (as Attachment)
2 Real Life Images Added as Attachment below, credit to @rvoll
Other Chrome Trim Link (to buy): Justautotrim.com
and: Luxwood Auto Trim :: Home

Includes:
DAMD OEM:
• DAMD OEM Front Grill Chrome Trim - On Only 1 Slit
• DAMD OEM Front Fog Light/Turn Signal Chrome Trim (Not sure if this is different from the Trim piece listed for the Kenstyle)
• DAMD OEM Body-Side-Molding KODO Chrome Trim
JustAutoTrim:
Although some of the Justautotrim pieces may look close to OEM Chrome Trim pieces, I am certain they are all different
• Justautotrim Body-Side-Molding Chrome Trim (lower on body than the KODO Side Trim)
• Justautotrim Front Bumper/Bottom Spoiler Cover Chrome Trim
• Justautotrim Fog Light/Turn Signal Chrome Trim
• Justautotrim Fog Light FULL-Cover Chrome Trim
• Justautotrim Front Grill Chrome Trim - On Only 1 Slit
• Justautotrim Front Headlight Mascara (or eyeliner?) Chrome Trim
• Justautotrim Rear Chrome Molding Above-License-Plate Trunk Lid Trim (Possibly Hatchback Only)
• Justautotrim Rear Chrome Molding Below-License-Plate Trunk Lid Trim (Possibly Hatchback Only)
• Justautotrim Rear Bumper Turn Signal Chrome Trim
• Justautotrim Chrome Side Mirror Small Trim (love it!)
• Justautotrim Chrome Side Mirror Large Trim (Covers the Mirror Cap almost entirely)
• Justautotrim Door Handle Chrome Trim
• Justautotrim Blue Chrome Exhaust Tips (Hatchback Only)
• Justautotrim Above-Grill Front Molding Chrome Trim
• Justautotrim Rear Stainless Steel Bumper-Guard Step Chrome Trim (Hatchback Only)
Luxwood Auto Trim :: Home (rvoll style) (EDIT: Image Attached to show all their available packages):
One of our users here (rvoll) also had his own Chrome Trim stylings done:
• Luxwood Grill Chrome Trim - On All Slits
• Luxwood Rear Above-License-Plate (Tailgate) Chrome Trim
• Luxwood Fog Light/Turn Signal Chrome Trim
• Luxwood Upper Side-Window Chrome Trim
• Luxwood Groove Kit - Body Side Chrome Trim Molding (I think this is in the lower-rear KODO groove like the DAMD has) (No real photos available)
• Luxwood Mid-Door Body Side Molding (with/without Insert) - not sure if you can get it without the badges (rvoll style trim)
• Luxwood XSM - Lower-Door Body Side Molding (I think this is similar to the Justautotrim Body Side Molding Trim) (No real photos available)
• Luxwood Hatchback Pillar Post Chrome Trim (No real photos available)
• Luxwood Interior Trim Pieces

Attachments

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
@WandererTJ

All chrome and body side moldings from luxwoodtrim.com.
2.5L Emblem from Sickspeed.
GT Emblem from Pontiac GT.

Luxwood also has chrome side accents which I did not like. If I had it to do over again, I probably would not put on the 2.5L emblems and would get a slightly smaller GT badge. The body side moldings are made to order to exactly match your car.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All chrome and body side moldings from luxwoodtrim.com.
2.5L Emblem from Sickspeed.
GT Emblem from Pontiac GT.

Luxwood also has chrome side accents which I did not like. If I had it to do over again, I probably would not put on the 2.5L emblems and would get a slightly smaller GT badge. The body side moldings are made to order to exactly match your car.
Thanks for the info! I will fix it in the OP.

TBH, I think you should get a lowercase "S" to go in front of your GT badge. It's not a GT, it's a sGT. Just my opinion though. I've been wanting to rebadge my car.
Probably have Axela instead of Mazda 3, and 2.5L-sT instead of the Skyactive badge. I might even go all the way and just have "Sport Touring" just so no one ever thinks that sT = Skyactive Technology.

I feel like the whole "Skyactive" thing is silly. It might mean something to Mazda owners, but it means absolutely nothing to anybody else (as far as I know).
Skyactive isn't a trim level or special edition of the car. It's kind've like opening a new laptop and you have a bunch of stickers just below the keyboard that tells you what the computer has in/on it. Windows8 sticker? That's cool, but it is 0% of why I bought the laptop. Not the best analogy, but still...

EDIT: I have fixed the OP to list all the items as Luxwood, I've included a link to the site, and I have attached an image with all their available packages listed on the single image.

thanks for the thread! any word on availability in North America? (beside the OEM one)
No. I would have mentioned it if I knew. That's why I have it in bold at the top trying to ask if others have the info.

The Aero Kit should be available to everyone now, although I would guess it is on back order for everyone, I think my dealership has to wait 8 weeks for each order (I'm not really sure though).

The Kenstyle - we are pretty much out of luck for unless we can find someone who can read Japanese, and then find ways to ship the parts over (and even then, I'm not sure if it is available in Japan yet)

Same with the DAMD chrome trim.

There are 2 other chrome suppliers you can actually get chrome bits from right now though, they aren't OEM, but it is better than nothing.

The AutoExe is available I think, but I'm not sure if you can get it shipped to the U.S., same with the ATH. Plus, with ATH I'm pretty sure you need to paint all the parts yourself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered some chrome trimmings from Justautotrim. I could throw up some pics once installed. They are currently on their way...from China :crybaby 1:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just want to add in that the Kenstyle bodykit is set (written) to be released May 2014

So we may start seeing JDM shops relaying them later this year (hopefully)

Also the OEM bodykit are branded as "Mazda Speed" in Japanese, not that it matters and most likely unimportant; but just wanted to point that out if it helps anybody.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just want to add in that the Kenstyle bodykit is set (written) to be released May 2014

So we may start seeing JDM shops relaying them later this year (hopefully)

Also the OEM bodykit are branded as "Mazda Speed" in Japanese, not that it matters and most likely unimportant; but just wanted to point that out if it helps anybody.
Fixed the OP a bit to include this info.

I ordered some chrome trimmings from Justautotrim. I could throw up some pics once installed. They are currently on their way...from China :crybaby 1:
Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
the oem kit would have been better if the middle of the splitter came down lower to match the corners. As it is with the corners sitting lower, it just as an upward tilt to it.

The only thing that looks good is the ATH corner splitters. Even that should have come a bit more towards the center and not have as round an edge it has. Maybe I'll make my own.

Kensytle kit is just ridiculous. Damn chin spoiler got an allergic reaction to something? haha

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I may have just found another upcoming body kit.
I think it may just be a concept image, but it looks like they have done a custom hood on an actual car. Not my cup of tea, but the concept image of the body kit looks amazing!!!

Original Link:
MPS Shop"...??????? New Mazda3 2014-BM--> ??????? ?????????? Odula ??????++

Translated Link:
Google Translate

EDIT: Okay, so the body kit is from Knight Sports and it isn't out yet. I'm including the only 3 pictures I've found for it.
I'm also adding 3 pictures of what Knight Sports did to an Antenza (Mazda6).
MPS Shop seems to do other modifications; I'm guessing that they are excited about the Knight Sports body kit.

Anyways, I'm loving the concept for the Axela's body kit and I'm loving what they did to the Mazda6.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I may have just found another upcoming body kit.
I think it may just be a concept image, but it looks like they have done a custom hood on an actual car. Not my cup of tea, but the concept image of the body kit looks amazing!!!

Original Link:
MPS Shop"...??????? New Mazda3 2014-BM--> ??????? ?????????? Odula ??????++

Translated Link:
Google Translate

EDIT: Okay, so the body kit is from Knight Sports and it isn't out yet. I'm including the only 3 pictures I've found for it.
I'm also adding 3 pictures of what Knight Sports did to an Antenza (Mazda6).
MPS Shop seems to do other modifications; I'm guessing that they are excited about the Knight Sports body kit.

Anyways, I'm loving the concept for the Axela's body kit and I'm loving what they did to the Mazda6.
Really dig that diffuser.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 619 Posts