2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power door locks havent been working for months (power unlock works just fine) and after much research, many people say I have a faulty BCM. However, I just cannot swallow forking over $300+ at the dealer or online store for a new one, especially if I'm not certain it is the problem.

So, off to ebay I went. I'm curious as to how close I can get with the numbers on the BCM and it be compatible.

Here's mine (I'll post a picture later tonight when I'm not at my work computer):

BY
CONTROL UNIT-BCM
BGV7 67 560A
VPAALF-14B205-MD 2
K4000 2CO6A

One I found on eBay:

BY
CONTROL UNIT-BCM
BGV7 67 560A
VPAALF-14B205-MD 3
K4000 2L11A

It was cheap, so I ordered it anyways. They offer a return if it doesn't work, so no worries. Just wanted to throw this up there to get some feedback and have it here for future reference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, for future reference, the numbers do not have to be 100% matching.

2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Hatch 6spd Manual

Here was my OEM BCM

Here was the replacement BCM from a Mazdaspeed 3 (eBay)

Everything works perfectly. Door locks were fixed. The only problem is getting the damn thing out. You have to pull the whole center console so you can get the underdash completely out (not necessary, but very helpful). Then get the bcm loose, and detach the lower bracket by pushing in the plastic latch on the back. Get it out, replace in reverse. Enjoy

·
New Owner
11 Posts
Well, for future reference, the numbers do not have to be 100% matching.

2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Hatch 6spd Manual

Here was my OEM BCM

Here was the replacement BCM from a Mazdaspeed 3 (eBay)

Everything works perfectly. Door locks were fixed. The only problem is getting the damn thing out. You have to pull the whole center console so you can get the underdash completely out (not necessary, but very helpful). Then get the bcm loose, and detach the lower bracket by pushing in the plastic latch on the back. Get it out, replace in reverse. Enjoy
Would you be able to send the eBay link for the replacement bcm you got. I am having this exact same problem but having trouble finding it on eBay. I'm also surprised it worked right after you plugged it in, everything i have been reading about this fix says it has to be re programmed. Any help is appreciated!

·
New Owner
11 Posts
Hey everyone!

I finally got around to replacing my BCM and thought I would put together new thread outlining the procedure. Check out my post for step by step instructions plus service manual links, personal photos and tips and tricks!

BCM Replacement Guide
https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...acement-guide-2012-mazda-3-a.html#post2446393

A big shout out to @SuperBacon for starting this thread many moons ago! I doubt you are still active but I really appreciated the advice and without your post I would never have known the numbers do not need to match and you do not have to get it reprogrammed right away. Saved me from spending +$500 at the stealership!

Cheers! - Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts