2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought my 2015 used it came with the 59.00.502A NA firmware, I have since upgraded to the 504A firmware and installed the AIO tweaks. I have a Galaxy Note 5 running Android 7. My Bluetooth connectivity seems to do weird things. Although it doesn't seem to have a problem importing contacts, reporting incoming email, etc, I have noticed two different problems:

1) When making phone calls, the BT seems to disconnect every couple minutes, it generally automatically reconnects within seconds. In one case I found that after I hung up, the Infotainment system still seemed to think we were connected, and continued to think that despite repeatedly pushing the disconnect button on the touchscreen. I was finally able to disconnect by shutting off BT on my phone.

2) On multiple occasions I have been using Google Maps on my phone with audio coming through the speakers. After some period of time, audio ceases both from the car speakers and from the phone.

I was not using Android Auto when either of these issues occurred, but I do have it loaded on the phone and the Infotainment system.

Any ideas?

·
Pretty Cool Dude
329 Posts
Hello,

I bought my 2015 used it came with the 59.00.502A NA firmware, I have since upgraded to the 504A firmware and installed the AIO tweaks. I have a Galaxy Note 5 running Android 7. My Bluetooth connectivity seems to do weird things. Although it doesn't seem to have a problem importing contacts, reporting incoming email, etc, I have noticed two different problems:

1) When making phone calls, the BT seems to disconnect every couple minutes, it generally automatically reconnects within seconds. In one case I found that after I hung up, the Infotainment system still seemed to think we were connected, and continued to think that despite repeatedly pushing the disconnect button on the touchscreen. I was finally able to disconnect by shutting off BT on my phone.

2) On multiple occasions I have been using Google Maps on my phone with audio coming through the speakers. After some period of time, audio ceases both from the car speakers and from the phone.

I was not using Android Auto when either of these issues occurred, but I do have it loaded on the phone and the Infotainment system.

Any ideas?
Thats so weird. I have been getting the same issue (BT audio disconnecting) as well. What version of Google Play Services do you have on your phone?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a similar thing when i place the phone at a special location in the center console and flip it display down. if i place it anywhere else it works fine. maybe you can check if relocating your phone helps for you, too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some phones when face down, go to sleep for power savings. It is how to place a phone to avoid interruptions, for a meeting, or when you need sleep. It could also disable BT, but car movement and inclines with terrains maye take it out of sleep. Check phone settings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Google Play Services is "Version 11.9.75 (440-182402865)"

It is very possible orientation is playing a role. Typically, I'll hook the phone up to my quickcharger and then toss it in the passenger seat. Does anyone know how to tell it not to go to sleep (preferably only while its paired to the car)?

As a side note, I assume there is no way to run Android Auto without a USB connection? The car's ability to charge the phone through USB seems... Lacking. It'd be nice just to have it connect via WiFi and use the quickcharger.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
329 Posts
Google Play Services is "Version 11.9.75 (440-182402865)"

It is very possible orientation is playing a role. Typically, I'll hook the phone up to my quickcharger and then toss it in the passenger seat. Does anyone know how to tell it not to go to sleep (preferably only while its paired to the car)?

As a side note, I assume there is no way to run Android Auto without a USB connection? The car's ability to charge the phone through USB seems... Lacking. It'd be nice just to have it connect via WiFi and use the quickcharger.
Enable Developer Options on your phone. Then go to Settings > Developer Options > Bluetooth AVRCP Version, and changed this to 1.3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Albuyeh, I went to Developer Options (didn't know about that, some pretty interesting options in there) but I couldn't find anything for Bluetooth AVRCP. I'm running Android 7. I think Android 8.1 has that in Developer Options, but I'm not sure its available for the phone yet.... I just found out 59.00.540 firmware is out, so I'll try that. But if the problem is on the phone, I doubt it'll fix anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts