2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been able to get android auto to work, so I just use Bluetooth connection for calls, audio, and text. Google finally added RCS chat features for messaging, but I've realized that my 2020 3H premium only recognizes SMS texts. My husband's old phone was too old and didn't have the chat feature. Now that's he's upgraded and has the chat feature enabled, his texts only come through on my phone. As far as my car is concerned, I've received no text message. However, when I get texts from people not using the chat feature, my car tells me that I have a message and reads it like usual. I've googled this to exhaustion, I've looked through the manual, I've poked around every setting in my car and my phone that I can find. Oddly enough, he gets my chat-enabled texts with no issues in the 2016 Honda HRV that I drove until I got my Mazda. Right now I'm just trying to remember to disable chat when I get in my car and enable it when I get out. Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

· Registered
163 Posts
Hey,
Are you sure that the Mazda Connect is the problem and not your phone? As I understand the phone has to inform the head unit about new messages, regardless of the media type (SMS, MMS, RCS).

Have you tried to switch the phones/cars? When you're having the same issue in the HRV, then it's the phone and not the Mazda Connect.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did switch cars and mine works in the Honda just fine. However, after reading your reply I remembered that when he drove my car he was able to get my chat messages to him...so I looked at his phone to see what settings might be different and he's not using Google messages app like I am. He's using Samsung's messages app. Switched to that one on my phone and now it works! Thank you so much for your reply - I don't know how long it would have taken me to figure that out without your reply jogging my memory! You've helped to save a bit of what's left of my sanity! Danke!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.