2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and possibly can help me fix it?

Had my LG G4 phone connected via bluetooth to my car when suddenly midway in a song the back/forward track controls on the steering wheel stopped working and responding, and so it would not change tracks via steering controls. However, I am still able to change tracks via the phone itself. The volume controls still work though. The steering controls also still work to change radio stations.

Tried un-pairing and re-pairing the phone to the car with no luck. Tried rebooting the infotainment system and that didn't help as well.

Then I decided to try to pair my ipad to the car via bluetooth and oddly enough the steering controls will work. Tried to switch over to the LG G4 hoping that it'll work but it still does not.

It appears to be a problem with my phone then? Though I'm not sure what I can possibly do to my phone to fix this problem. Phone's bluetooth seems to work with my macbook, just tested and successfully received a picture file from the macbook.

Any ideas guys? Any help would be appreciated - such an annoying issue to just have happen out of the blue

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had this happen with my Nexus 6P, I feel like the bluetooth on these phones are not good as it sometimes is an issue with my headphones as well. I don't remember doing anything drastic to fix it. pretty much what you have mentioned, but make sure on your phone you disable bluetooth and then enable it again that seems to help me when ever I have problems with phone showing up on car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to know someone has had this issue. I myself own a LG G4 and have experienced this. I've only experienced this by playing music via Spotify. Occasionally, the music pauses itself and the steering wheel buttons don't respond. All I did to fix the issue is reboot Spotify and it goes back to normal but of course with the problem to just reappear. It's rather annoying. I feel as if its Spotify and not the phone. But I could be wrong. The LG G4 has enough problems as it is so it could also be the phone. But to keep it simple, just reboot your music app and it should fix the problem. Temporarily. lol. I'm no expert. Just my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts