2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly basic Bluetooth related question. With my 2017 Mazda 3, I was using an iPhone and whenever I would activate Siri, or use voice dictation, or anything audio related over Bluetooth when the phone was activated, the car would appear to make a phone call and play the audio over Bluetooth, no matter if I was listening to something off a USB stick, or listening to the radio, etc. It had no bearing on the audio source selected in the Connect system.

I now switched to Android and I don’t understand how to have my Bluetooth “feedback” played over the car speakers unless I am specifically in the Bluetooth audio source. So, if I activate “OK GOOGLE”, it doesn’t give the “blip” sound to prompt me to speak, or talk back any results UNLESS I am specifically in the Bluetooth audio source. Text Messages do read, but that’s because the car accepts the message and reads it through the Connect system. Is there a setting something in Android or in the Connect system itself to change these settings around?

I hope I’m making sense here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts