2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use bluetooth to stream music instead of plugging in, I get little maybe half-second dropouts, almost like little skips. It happens consistently, any song I'm listening to. I've always assumed it was just a bluetooth issue, but my friend just installed a Pioneer unit in his Mustang and doesn't seem to have those problems. Now, granted he is using a different phone and a different head unit (both of which probably have newer bluetooth protocols), but my question is if this happens for everyone. I'm using a Nexus 4. It drives me crazy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same issue with my Galaxy S3. I'd be listening to music and then it would randomly stop, then after a minute or so of "searching" it reconnected and continued playing music. It seemed that this would happen more often when the car / radio was super cold.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2010 Mazda3 and an iPhone 4s paired, and yes, I notice an occasional barely perceptible skip. I have to know the song pretty well to detect it, but this seems like a Mazda issue. I've also used my phone in my Acura TSX Wagon and there are no skips.

But on the plus side, I'm impressed that the Mazda has no background hiss. The TSX surprisingly does! Also, the Acura occasionally gets bluetooth amnesia and drops the pairing. The Mazda3 has been flawless. Ah well, these are just unavoidable compromises when using bluetooth. For best sound quality, plug in or use a CD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it's the little skips. I know all my songs very well, so it's very irritating for me. I tried my phone in my friend's car and his phone in my car and it's definitely the car, not the phone. Hmmmm. I guess the question is if I really want bluetooth music that bad (and thus want a new head unit) or if I don't care enough to have to figure out a system that will work with all the wheel controls and what not.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
I used to stream via bluetooth but on the 2013 they have the USB so I use that.
When I was streaming I noticed it lagged.. Like a 1-2 second lag but there were no skips at all.
It was a 2012 head unit with an iPhone 5

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, it's the little skips. I know all my songs very well, so it's very irritating for me. I tried my phone in my friend's car and his phone in my car and it's definitely the car, not the phone. Hmmmm. I guess the question is if I really want bluetooth music that bad (and thus want a new head unit) or if I don't care enough to have to figure out a system that will work with all the wheel controls and what not.
Anyone figure this out? I am having the same issue on a 2014. Does updating firmware help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts