2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a terribly annoying, persistent issue with the Bluetooth audio in my 2015 Mazda 3. When I am making a call, the MazdaConnect will occasionally disconnect and then reconnect the call on the Bluetooth (in other words, the call isn't actually disconnected, just the Bluetooth). By "occasionally", I mean that it can take anywhere from 2 minutes before disconnecting to 2 hours. It usually reconnects within 30 seconds. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Interestingly, I have ONLY noticed this while making a phone call. I have never noticed this when making a voice or video "call" through Whatsapp or something similar which seems to go through the BT like a call (although the MC identifies me as the caller when I receive a call on Whatsapp).

I have seen this problem on two different phones (a Samsung Note 5, and a LG V30+). I have seen this on multiple firmwares, and both before and after the Android Auto update. I am running the AIO Tweaks. When I first switched from the Note 5 to the V30+ the problem went away for a long time (months?) but then reared its ugly head again.

This is REALLY annoying!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have this same issue but it may be the phone, my previous phone had never dropped bluetooth calls but my current one has quieter bluetooth overall and will occasionally drop connection to bluetooth in the middle of calling.
I am however in a base model without the infotainment system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same issue. Does anyone know the fix to this? My idea is that its because my phone has a newer software which may not be supported by MazdaConnect.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
70.00.335 NA (North America) can be found here: HiDrive - at the bottom you will find a PDF with update instructions for the dealers. All on your own risk, as Mazda does not intend us users to update the firmware.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts