2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Bluetooth delay and maybe replacing stereo?

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  KostaRoasta 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2013 Mazda3 Hatchback Grand Touring. I really like it but the bluetooth and AUX give me a delay on audio. While not the end of the world, it is driving me nuts. Also, my TomTom Nav system isn't working, sticks on the first loading screen. Stopped at the Mazda dealer in town and was told I needed to pay $55 for a firmware update, seems like something that should be free but my car is out of factory warranty. So I have been looking at other stereos for the car and I had a few questions that I either missed when reading or just didn't find.

Would an Aftermarket stereo still work with my hands free and steering wheel controls?

Is there issues with the Bose Speakers? I read that some don't hook up to them.

Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
I have a 2013 also, one of the first things I do when I get a new car is to swap out the stereo.

I have the Bose system in mine, but i swapped out the head unit for a Pioneer and I just left it with the stock speakers. I may change out the speakers later. You can get the hands-free and steering wheel controls to work, but for the steering wheel controls you'll have to buy an adapter to interface with the controls to the stereo.

There will be no issues with the Bose, you just get the correct wiring harness and you'll be ok.

My Pioneer has bluetooth. If you want specifics on harnesses to buy, just let me know.

#4 ·
Bluetooth always has a delay that's not an issue. anything Bluetooth car, headphones, wireless speaker etc will be delayed as it takes a second for the software to run through the "application stack" for Bluetooth gather the profiles to use and transmit the data. Bluetooth is not exactly the quickest thing either so it has delays in it. I know it can get rather annoying sometimes. aftermarket stereos for bose cars need a PAC RP4 MZ11 harness that's about $100 in parts alone to keep steering wheel controls/Bluetooth functionality and bose amp interface with aftermarket radio. this is why I have not bothered to change mine yet, I just lve with it as even my $250 kenwood excelon aftermarket radio had a slight delay in Bluetooth so.

#5 ·
And he'll need a dash installation kit.

#6 ·
I was having issues with bluetooth delay when watching videos on my Tab 4 or android phone, I found a working fix in a thread(not sure which one), basically you connect the device through the usb port in the car, let it sync up, then switch back to bluetooth and the delay will be fixed. But I think you have to do this everytime you restart the car, i cant confirm that part yet

#8 ·
Correct, you can add an aftermarket radio DVD gps with steering wheel control to help you. it comes with bluetooth aux sd 3g wifi etc. I have tried one aftermarket car radio from seicane which works well , you can take a look at it too. Hope you can solve this issue soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.