2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 3s Touring with OEM navi and such. I don't make calls much when driving but when I do or when someone calls me while I have my phone connected to the car's Bluetooth the call will always end because the Bluetooth looses connection and ends the call. Then by itself it will reconnect and redial. This has happened every single time I'm trying to made or receive calls from my car via the car's Bluetooth. Has this happened to anyone here? Is there a fix? Yesterday I updated the Navigation Map software via Mazda's Toolbox. When I do that does it only update the map or does it also update any other software or firmware that may possibly fix this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have Android Auto installed with AIO coincidentally ?
No I don't. I don't even know I can have Android Auto installed and I don't know what AIO is.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What is the firmware version of your car and OS version and model of your phone? I found that the 55.00.750 NA firmware that I had on my 2015 Mazda3 would disconnect constantly when I upgraded to a new phone running Android 7.0. The phone itself was a Sony Xperia X Compact while my previous Sony Xperia Z3 Compact worked just fine. I had the dealer upgrade my firmware to 59.00.441 NA and that fixed the problem with my bluetooth disconnecting. So I would check what you have first to see if you are in a similar issue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the firmware version of your car and OS version and model of your phone? I found that the 55.00.750 NA firmware that I had on my 2015 Mazda3 would disconnect constantly when I upgraded to a new phone running Android 7.0. The phone itself was a Sony Xperia X Compact while my previous Sony Xperia Z3 Compact worked just fine. I had the dealer upgrade my firmware to 59.00.441 NA and that fixed the problem with my bluetooth disconnecting. So I would check what you have first to see if you are in a similar issue.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5. I don't know what version my firmware is. I suppose I can go out to my car and check but it's pouring out right now and I don't want to get soaking wet but is firmware something that I can upgrade myself? If so is it done via the Mazda Toolbox? I would rather not have to go back to the dealer if I don't have to.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked and all the versions is 55.00.753. Is that the latest?

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you go into your phone's settings and go down to the About phone section you should be able to find the Android version. However, I do not believe that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has received Android 7.0 Nougat which seems to be the more problematic version. I did not have these issues on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which I think is the last version that the S5 was updated to.

Mazda Connect firmware 55.00.753 is not the latest version. I had to get updated to 59.00.441 to fix my Bluetooth problems with Android 7.0 Nougat. However, your issue may be something different.

Have you tried searching for other people having problems with bluetooth on the Samsung Galaxy S5?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you go into your phone's settings and go down to the About phone section you should be able to find the Android version. However, I do not believe that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has received Android 7.0 Nougat which seems to be the more problematic version. I did not have these issues on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which I think is the last version that the S5 was updated to.

Mazda Connect firmware 55.00.753 is not the latest version. I had to get updated to 59.00.441 to fix my Bluetooth problems with Android 7.0 Nougat. However, your issue may be something different.

Have you tried searching for other people having problems with bluetooth on the Samsung Galaxy S5?
How did you get the 59.00.441 update? Was it from Mazda Toolbox? I haven't tried making calls since I did the map update so I don't know if the problem is still there so I'll have to check.

·
Registered
166 Posts
From my dealer. I would not recommend doing it yourself. Mazda Toolbox only updates the Navigation SD card not the firmware in the car itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts