2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've scoured the forums and google without finding anyone with a similar issue.

When calling via Bluetooth (iphone 6 ios 8.4.1 and now ios 9) the person on the other end begins to sound garbled, low, and often I can't understand or have a hard time understanding what they say.

The other day I asked someone to call be back, answered via steering button, and could hear them fine. Same thing for 3 days in a row.

Outgoing calls I have a hard time understanding the person, incoming seems fine...not as good as the bluetooth in my 2012 Mazda GX but close.

Any ideas? Tips? Settings to check, tweak, try, in order to make it so Im able to make calls to people and not always have to ask them to phone me back so we can have a conversation both of us can understand?

My Mazda Connect version 51.00.300 (getting it updated in the next week or so) which leads me to ask for those with higher versins does the bluetooth calling improve or is there no noticeable difference?

It's frustrating to have on a brand new car to say the least so any tips etc would be appreciated.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Were you driving through the same area (about)? Have you ever called from that area while not driving?

To me, it sounds like it may be a cell phone service issue. Sometimes if calling out and you're between towers or have a fluctuating signal (constantly changing signal strength), you'll have similar results.

This is something I've run in to many times with TMobile. Most areas are fine, but I've found a few spots where I just know to not make a call because I'll have goofy call quality issues. In a couple of these spots, any streaming audio will cut out as well. It always seems like incoming calls are fine though.

If you think it is the car, I'd recommend that you grab a friend and pair their phone and see if you run in to similar issues. This is probably how the dealer is going to test it out as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 2 of the times I was driving though the same area but other times I wasn't and the phone was showing full signal strength.

I have a feiend who has the iPhone 5S and I'll try pairing thei phone to it and checking from the same area(s) tomorrow...crossing fingers I can tomorrow. It's of those weekends where it seems there's more to do than there is days.

Thanks for the advice and response ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts