2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had any comments or complaints from the person on the other end of your call about the quality of the sound. My wife states that when I talk to her through the car she hears a "wooshing" noise in the background. She says it's almost like talking on your phone with the windows down. Has this happened to anyone else or am I alone on this one?:confused1 1:

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Yes. Several people have commented about static or noise when using the bluetooth connection. I'm not sure if it's my phone or the car as I haven't paired a different phone with it yet.

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
I've made and received several calls via Bluetooth so far, and have been sure to later on ask the person if I sounded funny. So far no complaints.

But I don't think I'll continue to use it. Maybe this is just the way my phone works, but when Bluetooth is enabled and I receive a call, all the buttons on my phone lock up -- meaning I can't answer the phone with the headset if I want a more private conversation. This is what I'd prefer to do if I have a passenger in the car, but I am forced to always answer with the steering wheel buttons and broadcast the audio to the passengers as well. Anyone have this restriction with their phone?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, in fact when the phone is ringing in the car there is an option on the phone to answer it through the phone or use the bluetooth device.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Sony Ericson W760. Nothing fancy by any means, but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does anyone else have caller ID/information forwarded to their mazda or just the phone number? On my iPhone, even with the number programmed into the phonebook i dont get a name on screen. just the number.

I have my numbers entered as (###) ###-####

Maybe i should add a 1, or remove the area code..... meh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to import contacts from my phone to Mazda Phonebook but no luck. How do I proceed after I have "import" on the display?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
bluetooth background noise

I was wondering if anyone has had any comments or complaints from the person on the other end of your call about the quality of the sound. My wife states that when I talk to her through the car she hears a "wooshing" noise in the background. She says it's almost like talking on your phone with the windows down. Has this happened to anyone else or am I alone on this one?:confused1 1:

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 i touring with moonroof package...was told by the dealer that this problem has not been resolved by mazda yet. it affects this particular model, and happens when above speeds of 30 to 35 miles per hour, the bluetooth does not transition right and therefore the caller can't hear you talk wihtout all that noise.

If anyone has heard anything more about this, please post...I have been waiting for 12,000 miles to use it...

·
Registered
38 Posts
You are not alone. I think it is road noise. For some reason, Mazda made the stupid decision of putting the microphone in the dash (where all of the road noise resonates underneath) instead of putting it overhead. If you mute the bluetooth while on the line, all of the "noise" disappears, which verifies that it is not a signal issue.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't sound nearly as good as the hands free in the Dodge. It sounds as described, a background noise that is very noticeable. The Dodge and the Caddy (sold) have very clear hands free, little noise (except for the very loud JBA exhaust sound on the Dodge--and even that is less than the noise on the Mazda).

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm not really happy with the voice quality I hear on the car speakers, but I have a heard time hearing voices when there is a lot of background noise.

As for people on the other end, I've been told they can't tell the differnce between my being on the phone and using bluetooth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts