2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 ms3 with 68k and the rear is hopping on turns and feels like the rear shocks are non existent, I also hear what sound like broken shock mounts but I checked and there not broken. Is it possible to have blown shocks already? And are they all special order cause no parts place by me has a listing on them?.?.?:confused1 1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not lowered I crawled under it checked both shock mounts there fine, sway bars are good also, but the shocks are leaking

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's certainly possible. The stock shocks don't have too much to them. They aren't designed to handle the most "spirited" driving

·
Registered
2 Posts
My right rears(2007MS3) went at 38k, easy replacement. Car now has 68k, & original fronts are still good. The rears from factory seem to be junk.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My rears held up till I traded at 86k. The front driver was blown but from hitting a pot hole just before trading. The rears were known to go early. Also seen the fronts as well for some. Even before my front blew at 86k the ride was starting to feel like a boat. Was preparing to replace but then went for a trade I found on the 3 now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have replaced most of my suspension and still get a clunk over every bump in the road. I need to replace all of the endlinks and wheel bearings before I give up completely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts