2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks!
Just got a new 2018 Mazda 3 Toruing, and noticed that the headlight indicator blinks green. Is this normal, or does everyone else’s stay on?

Thanks! ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
So I have a 2017 GT hatch. 2017/2018 for all intents and purposes are identical. I've never seen the light blink nor do I know the meaning...I wonder if one of the exterior lights are burned out when the switch is on or off for that matter, as you didn't mention the position you had the switch in. I've read thoroughly thru the manual previously and don't recall anything about that light flashing. Check to make sure ALL exterior lights are working first.

Unless anyone else has ideas or knowledge, consider doing a factory reset of the CMU in the settings function. If that doesn't work, try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and press all the buttons in the car to clear out any static memory. Obviously, all your memory settings are wiped as well and will need to be reset to your liking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip! I haven't unplugged the battery yet, I'll give that a shot when I can.

The headlight "lights on" indicator flashes green on all positions- Off/On/Auto/High beam. It blinks in the same pattern as the lane change signal indicator lights.

It seems like the headlights work as if they're on Auto when they're set to ON... I don't think that's normal either. High beams and low beams are both functional.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It seems like the headlights work as if they're on Auto when they're set to ON... I don't think that's normal either. High beams and low beams are both functional.
I think I know what you're talking about and that would not be normal either. If the lights are set to "on" then they should stay on fulltime regardless of lighting conditions or how you have the settings ticked in the infotainment. It certainly sounds like a bad switch, but switches are chipped and computerized as well so a simple reset may resolve, like pulling the battery on your phone and computer.

Other than that, I agree to just take your car into the service department and let warranty repair resolve, but they're are a lot of people like me/us who find it more convenient to possibly find the simple repair/fix than the time and hassle of getting your car back to dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy everyone, got this fixed months ago, but thought I'd update. It was an error for the daytime running lights, which weren't working. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts