2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2017 mazda3 (2.5L touring hatchback with navigation) and everything is great, except an issue with the blind spot monitoring system.

It works for the first 8-10 minutes of the drive perfectly, then it just turns off. When I go into the infomation system, it says it's still turned on. I turn it off and on, still stays off.

When I turn the car off and back on, it's the same deal. Works 100% fine for the first 8 or so minutes, then shuts off without fail.

I've tried:
* disconnecting the battery (twice, both times let it sit for 15 or so minutes, pressing brakes, etc.)
* disconnecting bluetooth, repairing, then disconnecting again- every time with restarting the car (someone posted somewhere else that their bluetooth had messed with their BLM system, but they were having different issues)
* resetting the infomation system, both with a button reset and restoring to factory settings

could there be an issue with the SD card? It has the one I bought it with, which had a previous owner.

any other suggestions before I drive to the dealer?

·
Registered
304 Posts
your battery is either about to close to expire or faulty and needs a replacement.

there is nothing wrong with your car and or BSM system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your battery is either about to close to expire or faulty and needs a replacement.

there is nothing wrong with your car and or BSM system
The dealership said they replaced the battery, so not sure if they misreported. That would make sense, but no other tech is cutting out, I'd think a few things would cut out if it were a battery issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to suggest it was a grounding issue, but if it's the only tech cutting out, I don't think that is the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi ,
I have he same problem. With a brand new battery the BSM work not with my original battery but the original battery is Ok. I think the battery is just the simptom not the solution. Probably the system is very sensitive to changes in battery power.
The car is still in inspection , hopefully they will find the real reason , why the BSM is not working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
for an person still having this still and see this post I had this problem and it turned out to be having the right amount of air in tires. I know cause i dealt with it for a while and figured out after airing my tires it would work. i have a long commute to work.
So what would happen is the tpms sensor would go off. I d visually look and it would be ok, visually. I reset sensor on dashboard. Then after awhile or day or two my blindspot monitoring would not work. on left side only. Well after awhile i started noticing when it was not working i d go check the tires and sure enough they would be low on air so i filled to proper level and viola it worked again.Started to notice this multi times then it clicked with me what was happening
. in my state there was a fluctuation of weather. When it was colder it would do this but when days were warm it would work. I assume heat aided in building PSI and sensor accepted the level and worked.Colder days is when i would find low tire pressure. come to find out my tire was old and cracked on right side. replaced with new set all around and have not had a problem with my blindspot monitoring since.

Now remember i would ignore the tpms cause my tires looked fine and would go about my days. it was only after i ignored the light and reset cause nothing was wrong to me this would occur.

hopefully this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts