2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Mazda 3 Touring and my first mod was dropping a sub in. I had it installed professionally at a reputable place and it sounds amazing.. EXCEPT for this darn plastic housing for my blindside detection. Just about every note my sub bangs out rattles the housing and it is ruining my music. It sounds louder than a rattling license plate, on the inside of my car. Now I love music but honestly I like the blind side detection, so I don't want to remove it just because a little rattle. When I pop in the back seat and hold it with my hand the rattling ceases and it sounds sooooo good. I thought about throwing a towel back there to try to suppress it but I am worried it will either cause my blind side to constantly beep, or ruin its functionality by blocking the sensor. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what is a good fix? I considered putting some sealant around the housing but then I fear if anything happens to the sensor the tech that tries to fix it is not going to be able to because it is completely sealed shut. Any suggestions or tips would be fantastic, I spent a lot of money to get a nice sub that matches well with the Bose premium system and it is being ruined by this darn gizmo :|
Also, if sealant is the only solution, what is a good brand of clear sealant to use? Money isn't a big deal, this is my first semi-new car I have ever owned (under 10k miles) and I fully planned on decking it out. Please help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts