2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 2017, I have a cigarette lighter and 2 blanks in my armrest cubby. While I was installing AA/CP I noticed it can be taken out pretty easily. It appears to the same size (or similar) as the usb box for AA/CP as some trims have the usb ports in the arm rest. The 2 blanks are part of 1 unit that can be removed.

My question is has anyone found a mod or use for the blanks? Any ideas? Its certainly deep enough to store pens or something long upright

·
Registered
102 Posts
i routed my sub remote and footwell lighting receiver through those holes so they're hidden with the armrest closed but i can still access them readily

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i routed my sub remote and footwell lighting receiver through those holes so they're hidden with the armrest closed but i can still access them readily
I want to do footwell lightning as well but only turn on when my doors open and off when closed like my cabin lights. I haven't found an easy way for me to do it yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I want to do footwell lightning as well but only turn on when my doors open and off when closed like my cabin lights. I haven't found an easy way for me to do it yet.
i've considered doing something similar
short of tapping into the onboard computer to read the door open signals, i considered using door jamb switches.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i've considered doing something similar
short of tapping into the onboard computer to read the door open signals, i considered using door jamb switches.
This info is for a 2017...but I imagine it’s likely the same for all 3rd gens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts