2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I hit a stopping point w/modding my 2014 3GT finally until i sat in my buddy's GTI. After feeling & driving his car w/the Suede wrapped steering wheel & extended Aluminum paddle shifters I am hooked! One of my crazy savy automotive buddies offered to match my Mazda's cockpit to our buddy's GTI for $300 AND says he can have it finished in one day if I drop it off early enough. To me it seems like a pretty great deal, any opinions on this or other options ya'll have used?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
I would be very interested to see the results. Is it going to look like there's a steering wheel cover on your wheel? Or is going to remove the leather and replace? As for price, if it's done correctly, I'd say $300 is good in my book. Re-doing steering wheels, getting it done right, and craftsmanship are pretty hard things to find. I've known plenty of people who do upholstery, but want nothing to do with steering wheels.

Seen some Kenstyle paddle shifters on the Japanparts.com website. They look pretty cool. Not my style, but quite well done. I can see why people like them.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I did this w/ the hobo paddle-less 2....

I might try the same on the 3 w/ a custom adapter to hook the paddles in....Again, just some boredom therapy. Everything is reversible anyway.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The black suede will be sewed on over the leather, so it will be able to be removed down the road IF/WHEN it starts to wear. Yes it will give the steering wheel grip a tad more girth but follow all the lines and indention's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts