2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a mazda 2 eu , i tried to update the cmu version from 42. to 56. , accidently i turned off the ignition after installing fail-safe systeme update , when turning on again the screen didn't work ,it is black and can only listen to radio and control the volume, all other buttons didn't work and tried also to reset it by pressing nav+back+muet but nothing happens.
please help

·
Registered
191 Posts
if you switched off the ignition AFTER installing failsafe, you probably should be able to install the main system afterwards. isnt that what the failsafe mode is made for?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I saw a post on how to recover system from such situation, but it requires soldering and stuff... and some advanced knowledge of what you are doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got alike problem too when I tried to downgrade firmware version from 59.00.504 to 59.00.502. My CMU is bricked then I tried the solution alike gerbenz mentioned, but It doesn't seem to work for me.

So, the last solution I'm going to do is to reset CMU NOR Flash with RPi. The chance of success and fail are the same, but I have nothing to lose.

Now, I am ordering Raspberry PI model B and IC TEST CLIP 16pins from eBay. Then I am going to share you later about the result.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts